Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Offers Active Design / Web Design community, Photoshop Tutorials, 100% unique, Top Domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Price Drop BIN - $3000

Active Design / Web Design community, Photoshop Tutorials, 100% unique, Awesome Domain.

Hello,

Down to reasons out of my control I have been forced to sell my website DesignForums.com.

I bought the domain a few months ago for $1200. (Please bare this in mind when making me an offer). The domain itself is a gem. If it were up to me I would not be letting this domain go.

A link popularity check at marketleap.com shows a total of 4,363 links. (http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/default.htm )
The forums themselves have 2 skins installed on them. If you scroll down to the bottom of the forum page, you can use the little drop down box to choose a different style. Both of the styles are 100% unique.

1 of the forum skins was designed by myself, the other by a designer from high impact sites This has a value of $500.

The forums have only been open around 1 month now, but already they have got over 3,000 posts, 500 threads, and 200 members.

The forum is running the latest version of vbulletin, which has been heavily modified.

For example, we have installed the following..
Ucash and Ushop. (this is a type of forum currency. Members get points for posting in the forums which they can spend in the “store” where they can buy upgrades for there accounts. This whole system is automated) this is also very useful if you decide to run competitions on the forums. You can award the winning member X amount of points.

The arcade hack (with over 80 games installed)

There is a gallery so that members can upload work that they have done, and other members can comment on them / rate them.

Also, we have used mod_rewrite on all of the forum and thread URLs. Now instead of being showthread.php?p=233, it is displayed thread233.html. As I’m sure you all know, Google will love you for this!

Already in its first month, google has indexed 4,580 pages.

Unfortunately this sale does not come with the vbulletin licence.

The site has a dedicated team of moderators that help keep the forum running smoothly. I’m sure they will not mind one bit sticking around to help out the new owner. That includes me!

Design Forums also has a very large and unique tutorial database.

The tutorial database is unique because of the web master option. Any web master can go here, create a small php file and upload it to there server. That will then display EVERY tutorial that is in the design forums database. When you update the site with new tutorials, it will also update on every site that is using the RSS feed.

What’s so good about that?
Well, for the webmaster who has uploaded the file to there server its pretty much branding free. There is only a small link to designforums on the frame forwarding page, but YOUR google adsense banner (or any other banner that you decide you want to be displayed) is displayed in the frame forwarding page. See here - http://tutorials.designforums.com/tutorial-158.htm

The webmaster gets – Free content that updates itself.
You get – Unlimited back links, Unlimited banner impressions.

I hope your all still with me. If you have any questions about any of this I will be more than happy to answer them. Just drop me a PM.

For more information about the RSS feed see this thread - http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=215075

Here are some screen shots of the tutorial database admin control panel.
http://jonwheatley.co.uk/tutorialadmincp/home.JPG
http://jonwheatley.co.uk/tutorialadmincp/addtutorial.JPG
http://jonwheatley.co.uk/tutorialadmincp/editcategories.JPG

I’m sure you get the picture.

Every page in the tutorial section is also using mod_rewrite.

The site is getting quite a lot of traffic. Yesterday over the Forums and the tutorial section we had over 700 unique visitors.

This is all coming from search engines, the tutorial database and link swaps.

Revenue at the moment isn’t massive. This is partly because we are sharing our adsense revenue with our members. View this thread for more information - http://www.designforums.com/forum/thread500.html

Over the last 5 days we made an average of $2.80 at adsense.

My ideal selling price for this site is high / mid $x,xxx. Please PM any offers / questions that you have.

Price Drop BIN - $3000

I will be around as much as possible over the next few days so I should be able to answer any questions you have promptly.

Thank you,
Jon Wheatley

*******UPDATE.********

Today I made 4 websites and sold them on this forum for a profit of $90.78 (there is still one more site to sell).

All these sites are is a simple layout reading from the designforums rss tutorial feed.

There is definitely a market for this type of website. 3 of the 4 listed websites sold in 4 hours after I started the thread.

If you make the investment and buy designforums you can do exactly what I have done. Start very simple websites and sell them on for a profit.

That’s not the only good thing. As well as making the money from actually selling the website you will be getting all the banner impressions from the frame forwarding page. Essentially meaning unlimited revenue.

This sale is more of an investment than anything else. I am very upset that I have been forced to sell it.

Here is the URL to the sales thread - http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221162

If you have any questions about this or anything else drop me a PM and I will give you a hand.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have already received a few offers, still not quite what I’m looking for.

Edit: Buy it now set to $5500.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All PMs answered. I have a few interested parties, but finding the funds this close to Christmas seems to be an issue.
This is a great investment for the new year.

marcos

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
man i wish i could buy that but dont have the funds atm , good luck with the sale its a very nice forum

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
*******UPDATE.********

Today I made 4 websites and sold them on this forum for a profit of $90.78 (there is still one more site to sell).

All these sites are is a simple layout reading from the designforums rss tutorial feed.

There is definitely a market for this type of website. 3 of the 4 listed websites sold in 4 hours after I started the thread.

If you make the investment and buy designforums you can do exactly what I have done. Start very simple websites and sell them on for a profit.

That’s not the only good thing. As well as making the money from actually selling the website you will be getting all the banner impressions from the frame forwarding page. Essentially meaning unlimited revenue.

This sale is more of an investment than anything else. I am very upset that I have been forced to sell it.

Here is the URL to the sales thread - http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=221162

If you have any questions about this or anything else drop me a PM and I will give you a hand.

Price drop, I am looking for a quick sale.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Price Drop >> Price Drop - I will consider any offers over $3500. BIN - $4500

I am looking to sell this site today.

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments on the site.

It seems like 6 days after Christmas isn’t the best time to sell a website because everyone is so strapped for cash. :)

Final price drop, buy it now for $3600. Looking for a quick sale, this site isn’t going to be around for long at this price.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Price drop >> BIN - $3000

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are the tutorials part of your site, or are you just point to other site's tutorials?

How may tutorials are actually part of this site's content?

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The tutorials all link to other sites in a frame-forwarding page. This was the only way we could implement it so that other users could use the rss feed for their own website and keep it branding free.

There are currently 221 tutorial links in the database.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom