Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Addidas.com - Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Corporations have lawyers on board. $1500 is peanuts. Again, think outside the box. Corporate logic is not "common sense".

At any rate, it'll be interesting to see a) who grabs the name Addidas.com and wastes a few grand b) how quickly the UDRP is filed.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is Addidas in liquidation or what. If I were in the management there heads would be rolling. They are going to outdo microsoft :cheeky:

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wierd. If I had the name, I would renew it for 10 years before the wipo was filed, as it appears as if they don't do anything with the name like change dns. Just one of those stupid tech companies... Some people don't believe in pointing the typos to the real URL. They think it will hurt their branding.

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think that you assume their IP/web department views the domaining world the way we do. Back in 2003 I registered the .net of a major microprocessor manufacturer (it had dropped) and offered it to them for free. The person in charge of the IP department thanked me and...nothing happened since. I still renew it every year, pointing it to the .com.

I offered the .info version of a very big worldwide charity. They said they will think if they need it. They didn't want the domain after all...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
To get past the corporate shield you need to bypass the HR department and go directly to the VP of business development. Avoid the IT dpt as well. Or talk to the legal team.

But then again, some corporations view such donations with an indifferent eye. Oh well.

MainstreamDomains

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm more of a "Pro Keds" type of guy personally. :D
man.jpg

co-signs with pro-keds, bk's makin comeback too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom