Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Adsense (new post because not just about color)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kodeking

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think the ads at the top of each page should display to paid members. I think the users here pay for a clean, professional place to complete domain trades. If anyone else (paid members) is like me, they don't even look at the content of the ads because they are here for the sole purpose of whats in and below the thread title.

I don't care if unregistered/unpaid see the ads because they would pay more attention to them. For paid members, the ad only means longer pageloads, bright colors, and more to scroll through to get the juicy part of each post.

My suggestion: if($paid){$showAd=false;}else{$showAd=true;}

The End :)

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I dont' agree. Ads do not create any problems for me and it is just another way to support the site you visit. You may actually come across some good deals through the ad links as well.

Regards,

NW

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ya, right now they seem to be offering me etiquette training...lol

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
ya, right now they seem to be offering me etiquette training...lol

Seemingly due to poor programming issues, sometimes Google gets screwed-up on ad targeting and puts up ads even worse than this example, i.e. website with the popular summer time marketing theme "Cool Savings" somewhere on the page.

G sees the word Cool and strangely latches on to that one word over all other words on the page, and thinks rather than the site being about Cool Savings on Kids Back to School Suppplies, it must be about Refrigerators and Air Conditioners, so that's what you see on the page!

They need to do a better Adsense Crawler programming job. However, most of the time G does a good job in putting up well targeted ads.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, we could all use a little 'Igniting of social skills' ;)

-=DCG=-

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol, dont worry Adam, I clicked the ad, but I thought those services were a little expensive...next time I see those ads I will try a different one, hehe

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I aint happy either to pay be a platinum member and still see some large ugly ad on top that forces me to scroll down even more. Sure its not that big a deal but cmon...did you REALLY have to add the banner?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google ads the banner themselves as image ads.

-=DCG=-

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
meh, deal with it, I would do exactly the same thing if I owned the board...

you get used to it...its really not a big deal

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I meant banner I meant the entire ad area itself not just an image.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you guy make money from this site? Do you enjoy using it? If yes, I think you guys should stop whining. Adam has changed annual membership fee to lifetime membership, which saves you lots of $$$$, and you guys complain about google ads!!!

.biz

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
Do you guy make money from this site? Do you enjoy using it? If yes, I think you guys should stop whining. Adam has changed annual membership fee to lifetime membership, which saves you lots of $$$$, and you guys complain about google ads!!! .biz

Agree, many here received free Lifetime Memberships, what more do you
guys want, and who cares if the colors are blinding or pastels, that is the owners decision on a better way to gain attention to the ad?

IMO, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a site running adsense on it, or other marketing stuff, regardless of it being a free site, nonprofit site, commecial site or paid membership site.

Naturally the site owner is always looking for some extra profit, nothing at all wrong with that. Why begrudge the website owner of getting extra income from all his time and effort in running a website?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
right, I agree with you RealNames...

BTW - There are the social skills ads again...I'm going to click on the other one and see what kind of deal I get, lol :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom