Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

adsense tip for all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:
As you can see I have changed the color of the adsense to blinding colors.

After testing on many different sites I found that adsense does far better with this color scheme.

-=DCG=-

DCG,

Thanks for the tip. It'd be more helpful if you have a figure of how many percent difference of click thru rate for each color scheme so that we can pick other color that may be lower rate; yet fit to our sites.

Thanks.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hanogl said:
DCG: you are at risk using these colors! Google requires the url to be visible, it's in the small print. Not following their rules can easily lead to shutting off accounts.
The leaderboard banner does not include the URL, that's why you don't see it.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OOpps, I see Topper already said that ;)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
seeker said:
it never showed before. you point the mouse pointer over it and see the link. am I missing something?

That's right. I just looked at my adsense on several sites and the urls do not show, even on my white background banners, without the mouse being on them and then the url appears in the lower browser window bar.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
.....difference of click thru rate for each color scheme....

I really would be surprised if the color scheme makes much difference in the CTR. Perhaps there may be a small difference but probably not worth worrying about. I feel integrating it good into the webpage is more important than colors. It's also tough to figure out the CTR's anyway since G does not report on them all as they should, and wish they did.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RealNames said:
I really would be surprised if the color scheme makes much difference in the CTR. Perhaps there may be a small difference but probably not worth worrying about. I feel integrating it good into the webpage is more important than colors. It's also tough to figure out the CTR's anyway since G does not report on them all as they should, and wish they did.

G is God or Google? :p

The difference may not be that much if you have 1,000 visitors a day throughout your web sites. But for someone with hundreds web sites, over 100,000 visitors a day, a small percentage yeilds hundred$ or thousand$ a month.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
G is God or Google? :p The difference may not be that much if you have 1,000 visitors a day throughout your web sites. But for someone with hundreds web sites, over 100,000 visitors a day, a small percentage yeilds hundred$ or thousand$ a month.

Very well said. I forgot not too many of us get the volume of traffic DCG gets at his websites, making a small difference mean a lot to him of course.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only time I click on adsense is by "accident" which has happened maybe 2-3 times max over the course of it's life. It causes the page to freeze up when loading half the time. Most people have learned to overlook it so coloring it or changing the font design looks like the only way to have them take some notice.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At least use the same gold and red in the site design ... this color combo is obnoxious
and if anything it would make me avoid clicking it. Reminds me of all these spam mails
with the gibberish in them...why would you you click those links..instead of obnoxious
colors it obnoxious words.

I don't think I've ever used the word obnoxious 4 times in one post or conversation but
this color scheme warrants it.

Just my 2¢

Bizarre

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
izoot said:
At least use the same gold and red in the site design ... this color combo is obnoxious
and if anything it would make me avoid clicking it. Reminds me of all these spam mails
with the gibberish in them...why would you you click those links..instead of obnoxious
colors it obnoxious words.

I don't think I've ever used the word obnoxious 4 times in one post or conversation but
this color scheme warrants it.

Just my 2¢
I agree, if anything it makes me not want to click the advertisement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom