Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Affiliate.com sold cheaply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think affiliate.com sold cheaply for over $550,000.

Do you think the seller got the right price?

I think it is worth more more than 1 million.

dolansco

LLL or HELLL
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it was a good price for seller .... but Scott R can well afford it in any case.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds alright to me.

Affiliates.com would be 1m+

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
We all know it's worth at least $555,555.55 :D

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds alright to me.

Affiliates.com would be 1m+

But if you compare with near multimillion dollar sale of property.com, it sounds quite cheap.

Recently Triplecreditreport.com sold for $300000. ( 3 words, here only one word generic domain)

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This domain sold for cheap but...in the current economy I think the seller prefer have cash money than hold the domain another 2/3 years.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it was very cheap compared to what affiliate companies make . But its still nice cash for just a name lol .

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But if you compare with near multimillion dollar sale of property.com, it sounds quite cheap.

Recently Triplecreditreport.com sold for $300000. ( 3 words, here only one word generic domain)

what is this, the "aftermarket sales appraisal section"?

the problem with trying to compare final selling prices of one domain to another is useless.

unless they are practically the same domain or at least in the same category/subject

affiliate.com is not even in the same league as property.com

and trying to compare the selling price of a 3 word domain to a one word domain is also fruitless.
especially when you don't take into account what the "three words are" or what that domains' epc would be.

there simply is no comparision

it's also pointless

will there be new threads posted after every single domain that sells below what you think it should have sold for?
or new threads for every single domain that sells for more than your expectations?

how about just a "nice sale" or congrats and move on.

imo

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Comparison does help our domain understanding and how to price our domains.

I believe without comparison , you may not be able to properly price your names.

e.g. we do compare LLL.com or LLLL.com with previous sales. Similarly no harm done to compare the one word and three word domains.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Comparison does help our domain understanding and how to price our domains.

I believe without comparison , you may not be able to properly price your names.

e.g. we do compare LLL.com or LLLL.com with previous sales. Similarly no harm done to compare the one word and three word domains.

again

comparing domains to one another that do not fall in the same category is pointless, in an effort to understand value ranges from one extreme to another.

let me spell it out
property.com has more value than affiliate.com..
because

affiliate is typically, most always the second or third party

property is first hand, and has the potential for the highest returns, when offering the most logical product.

though there are different types of affiliates, they do not compare when you look at the geo aspect of property.

thus, comparing domains that do not fall in the same category is pointless
or a fruitless and misdirecting theory to proceed with as a means to effectively evaluate domain names.

comparisons can also limiting your own perspective of what your domain can sell for - source: Me.

imo

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was an end user sale and an end user price.

I love it, should be $1M blah blah blah

Name was offered several times before with no buyers, where were you guys :lol:

Scott will make the best use of it of anyone I know in the industry and he paid for it, no way was this cheap. Say it REAL slllooooowww 5 huuuundred thooouuusssaaannndddd. Beyond that he will build it into a million plus name but on its own, no.

MacyT.

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Personally...and I don't think I'm the only one - I'd be thrilled to make $500,000 on ONE investment. I don't know if he got this name from the beginning or what he paid for it...but I'm betting his profit margin was large. People are upside down now on their mortgages for more than half a million...and we've got people here throwing back and forth #'s like it's monopoly money.

It was a great sale. And I agree Property.com is not in the same league. I'm a good speller, but can almost never spell affiliate right...or is it affilliate? Not as obvious a type-in as some might think...

T

tekz999

Exactly. Even sold for $500k, wouldn't be cheap price. The majority in here wouldn't buy it. It seems cheap only. To sell a domain is easy. Post it in appraisal forum. Let people appraise it, then sell it to 1/2 of their appraisal price. See what they reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom