Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic coming through!

Status
Not open for further replies.

christinaforker

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think sales are just up all around. I've had more Afternic/Buydomains sales and inquiries this year than ever (have been listing with them since 2005). It could also be because they expanded their distribution network (I don't use the expanded option though - 20% commission is too much). But up all around in other places as well, including email and lander inquiries, loving 2011. :)

Hi dvestors et. al.:

Afternic’s DLS Premium Promotion level actually offers a 20% commission rate, with 5% off if you park your listed names with Afternic, lowering your commission to 15%. DLS Network Promotion (what used to be called expanded promotion) offers a 15% commission rate with the same 5% reduction if you park and sell your domains, meaning that the effective commission rate is only 10%.

We have made a lot of improvements over the past year and encourage all of you to revisit Afternic:

• Afternic DLS Premium Promotion includes unique “Instant Transfer” capabilities, eliminating the lengthy escrow process and making premium domains more appealing to end users (who pay retail prices)
  • Afternic DLS has 70+ partners in our distribution network, giving us the largest reach in the industry
  • Afternic offers the industry’s lowest commissions

To learn more please give us a call at 781-839-7990. For international users, please keep in mind the time difference and note that the best way to reach us may be via email. To reach out to Afternic, please email us at service@afternic (dot) com. You can also reach me directly at cforker@afternic (dot) com.

Happy domaining! We hope to work with all of you soon

-Christina Forker, Customer Service Manager, Afternic

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Christina,

If the Afternic Agent service is used to make an offer on a domain how much is the fee/commission? In the wording it mentions 10%.. is this billed to the buyer, the seller, or both?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it's downright foolish to give a broker 20% of your money..... Granted their exposing your names to potential buyers on a broad scale, but if your not parking with Afternic, the buyers their attracting elsewhere are for the most part Resellers, So that name you just sold for x,xxx, you could of very well gotten xx,xxx selling it to a end user.

As for escrow; Transferring and turning over control of your domain name to a 3rd party and paying them for a service that you can do yourself for nearly nothing, that's foolish too. :yes:

Last edited:

NameYourself

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is that I sold a name via the Agent Service. We agreed on a sale price through the agent, and that sale price was listed in the escrow transaction and agreed to by both the buyer and the seller. This price did not include the 10% commission I was already aware of, this part is fine. However, now after the sale the reported sale price was higher than what was agreed to.. how is this possible??? Are both the buyer and the seller each charged a 10% commission? Looking for some clarification from anyone else who may have sold domains through the agent service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom