Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Ok there were no posts here :-D

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, can someone imagine this??

a sedo like interface (for management).
an afternic like market (which is very good for medium sized sales and even small ones which are the majority)
a PPC rate like goldkey
a fabulous reputation...
and all of the above fully customizable by easy to use templates and a moniker type response rate and security and escrow?

Ok, its a dream, but we all have a right to dream...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's the exact definition of a Chimaera :-D

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:)

Romain

DNF Veteran
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
we wish... but pigs can't fly - atleast not yet!
Lol i love this expression :-D

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well, we just rewrote our management interface; give it a try.

We let you choose your parking yourself among Domain Sponsor, Fabulous, and our own private label parking service called House Parking. We deduct 10% management fee from Fabulous's standard payout, and 0% from Domain Sponsor's standard payout, but we also pay 25% (50% on memberships starting June 1) Afternic commissions from your parked domains so you should make more than going direct to those PPC services.

Cheers,
Roger

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that sounds interesting.
So we can choose basicaly which PPC program we use, but the sales go through afternic?
Does it say anywhere on those pages that 'this page is for sale' like afternic?
do we get paid from afternic, or from the PPC provider directly?
thanks

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, you choose the PPC program and we add some aftermarket offers to the parked page, including the offer of your own domain for sale. Your asking price is shown on the parked page, which encourages serious offers more than the generic email form common on parked domains. You earn a 25% commission on any aftermarket sales referred from your domain for a whole year, 50% on Exchange Memberships beginning June 1st (the membership price increases from 9.95 to 19.95 on the same day).

We pay you the PPC revenue; you do not get paid directly by the PPC provider. We show daily traffic and earnings stats about one day delayed, and we pay by the 10th of the month for the previous month's earnings.

Let me know if you have more questions. Best wishes with your domains.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be trying it.
I had stopped using afternic a couple of years ago, this sounds very very good!!!

Blue

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My entire portfolio is now parked with Afternic, I do appreciate their user interface and enjoy their prompt & personnalized support. As for my past experiences with other broker sites, specially escrow transactions, I am in total confidence with Afternic. Just find the recent increase of the member fee a bit rude, but when I see the score of my PPC daily reports I have no reason to complain, my wife is just looking for my monthly check :-# ! So far : positive experience with them and happy to testify about it.
Jean-Francois

Netego

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I sold a few domains at Afternic, I'm quite happy with them.

As for their PPC program, I find their popups or popunders very annoying.

--Netego

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am very unhappy with them right now, someone bought my domain queued.org off the bazaar for something like $18, they were new and started an escrow, I talked him out of it since it was only $18. Now weeks later im getting emails to send the guy the domain. Its not my fault he didnt cancel the escrow. And I also get this link to an escrow message board, but when i try to reply there i get a code error. So i try to contact them via email and i get an autoresponder saying that the email is not monitored.

Now they are threatening to suspend my account even though the transactions complete. Afternic, you suck.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you were operating a premium domain name exchange and two members in an escrow transaction did not respond to any messages regarding the escrow transaction, what would you do? We warn the members. If we still get no response, we suspend their memberships to protect the rest of our members from having to deal with unresponsive parties. This policy may not please everyone, but we think it minimizes the number of members who say we suck.

I'm sorry you had trouble using our system. You were right to just click on the escrow link and try to submit a message to tell us it was a mistake and to cancel it. That works hundreds of times a day - I have no idea what the problem was. It would help a lot if you could tell us what error message you got. Some people have multiple memberships (you're not suppose to) and they are logged into the wrong one when they try to visit the escrow page. Could be anything, like a mistyped password.

The auto responder message is very short and gives the link to contact us. Here is the contact link. Use the escrow link you received (maybe there was a temporary problem) or use this link to let us know to cancel the escrow and all will be fine.

http://www.afternic.com/help/ (click on any category and then click on Contact Us).

droplister

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the error i now get is Escrow '5134' not found
the error i first got was Auction ###### does not exist.

I do not have 2 accounts, the name was not premium. I may have been wrong to say " afternic sucks" but i was a little ticked off atm.

Now i cant really refer to the escrow via email because it seems to not exist anymore.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Our escrow manager deleted the escrow transaction. Sorry for the confusion.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
proproject said:
Yes, you choose the PPC program and we add some aftermarket offers to the parked page, including the offer of your own domain for sale. Your asking price is shown on the parked page, which encourages serious offers more than the generic email form common on parked domains. You earn a 25% commission on any aftermarket sales referred from your domain for a whole year, 50% on Exchange Memberships beginning June 1st (the membership price increases from 9.95 to 19.95 on the same day).

We pay you the PPC revenue; you do not get paid directly by the PPC provider. We show daily traffic and earnings stats about one day delayed, and we pay by the 10th of the month for the previous month's earnings.

Let me know if you have more questions. Best wishes with your domains.

Yes, I just started using your program. Two questions:
1. Do you have any suggestions on how to choose which program, right now most are on DS, however, I have some at the others as well, for experimental purposes,
2. Is there any way of optimizing?

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To be honest, domain sponsor and fabulous are both fabulous, but fabulous seems win the prize most times we take a look at results. Our House Parking is in limbo right now - all those domains resolve to Fabulous for now, unless they are URL directed, in which case they go to DS.

Btw, we've got two other unique, high performing choices in the pipeline for Afternic Choice. Might take about a month to finish rolling them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom