Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Afternic experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
proproject said:
To be honest, domain sponsor and fabulous are both fabulous, but fabulous seems win the prize most times we take a look at results. Our House Parking is in limbo right now - all those domains resolve to Fabulous for now, unless they are URL directed, in which case they go to DS.

Btw, we've got two other unique, high performing choices in the pipeline for Afternic Choice. Might take about a month to finish rolling them out.

Thanks for the response. You didn't answer question 2 about optimizing though.

Btw, we've got two other unique, high performing choices in the pipeline for Afternic Choice. Might take about a month to finish rolling them out.

Hopefully, one of these is Hitfarm. Google would also be nice. Both are very difficult to get accepted to.

Hitfarm needs 10K of revenue/month, Google needs 750K/Uniques/Month.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DS and Fab both do their best to optimize revenue on your domains, and they both use Google feeds, last I checked. Once you let the domains resolve to someone else's control, I don't know of any way for you yourself to optimize your domains.

We have over 2M uniques per month and that's growing, so we don't have a problem qualifying for any programs. But we offer our members value-add partners like DS and Fab because we think they do add value. They sell advertising to more than just one channel, Google.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well my afternic experience has been decent so far. At first, it was extremely promising. I made 2x the revenue I was making with SEDO right off the bat. But then I tried to optimize my names.

You have to email afternic to get a lot of your keywords changed, because of their frustrating automatic keyword picker. All it does is take whatever is left of your .ext, and split it up according to its internal dictionary. So what that means is if you have a typo, don't expect to get any sort of keyword to work.

I emailed afternic to change a list of keywords, and I got a reply that showed they hadn't even read my email. I wrote back politely to basically reread my email. They wrote back and said they changed my keywords and to check them to see if I liked them. I checked...no keyword changes. sofgs.com still has sofgs as it's keyword, which causes its landing page to be a generic category listing.

Another annoyance is the slow speed I've been encountering. It takes probably 10x the amount of time to log into Afternic than it does SEDO, and just as long to navigate around the control panel. Also, I realized why my stats weren't updating. For some reason, the date is stuck on the 6th of september. I have to change it to see any recent stats.

Their affiliate program is awesome. I actually paid for my afternic subscription with affiliate referrals.

I'm still going to stick with it though. I figure if I can get my keywords, I can live with a little slow speed. The ctr seems to be better, and being able to choose between 3 different partners within the same program is a huge plus.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I have to apologize about the keywords. They are unfortunately for now just good intentions. We thought we could use them to optimize both PPC and searching, but we have not done that successfully yet. We're going to remove them from the user interface until we use them to avoid confusion like this. Sorry again.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
proproject said:
DS and Fab both do their best to optimize revenue on your domains, and they both use Google feeds, last I checked. Once you let the domains resolve to someone else's control, I don't know of any way for you yourself to optimize your domains.

We have over 2M uniques per month and that's growing, so we don't have a problem qualifying for any programs. But we offer our members value-add partners like DS and Fab because we think they do add value. They sell advertising to more than just one channel, Google.

Coming from a customers point of few, I could definitely tell you that Google & Hifarm would help your business.

Take a look at some of the threads here concerning Hitfarm. They have a record as being the best, as well as they have a completely different look.

Google on the other hand will cut out some other middleman, either Fab or DS.

Just my 2 cents.

One more comment. The slow one time a day stats updating is a bit annoying.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
Coming from a customers point of few, I could definitely tell you that Google & Hifarm would help your business.

Take a look at some of the threads here concerning Hitfarm. They have a record as being the best, as well as they have a completely different look.

Google on the other hand will cut out some other middleman, either Fab or DS.

Just my 2 cents.

One more comment. The slow one time a day stats updating is a bit annoying.

Yes, I agree the once a day stats are below the industry standard. DH gives practically realtime stats.

I don't understand what you said about the keywords fab. How are the parking pages supposed to make any money for afternic and the domain owner if they aren't keyword optimized? Right now "Map of Sex Offenders" is what I'm stuck with for mapofsexoffenders.com. Sometimes it pulls up parking pages with Sex Offender Registry links, which is good, because thats what my visitors are looking for. But then sometimes the MAP keyword throws it off, and I get "travel the world" and "Click Here for a Map Of China". Hardly appropriate, and a waste of a visitor.

RegFee

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
fab said:
I don't understand what you said about the keywords fab.

I mean manually entering in your own key words, like "Web Hosting" for rackspaec.com
Yes, I know...but why would you want to get rid of that? are you saying you are going to get rid of your automatic keyword system, or keywords all together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom