Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Age range of posters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ya, just because some minors are not trustworthy, doesnt mean you should stay away from all of us. There are a lot of 50 year olds who behave a lot more immaturely than some of us youngans...I dont do as much business as NameTower, but have have completed a few dozen transactions with no problems

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honestly, GT and nametower are mature business people, but IMHO most teenagers that I knew when I was that age would not be so fair, professional, and honest - especially when they could hide behind a fake name to post on a board like this.

IANAL, but the law says minors can't enter into contracts without the consent of a guardian. This means anyone who does business with a minor here may run the risk of getting screwed and having no legal recourse.

Personally, I'd do business with those two and a few others who have identified themselves as being minors, but would be careful with others. Just look at how many people show up, post like crazy to get F$ or otherwise abuse the forum and get banned (including the guy who started this thread) -- btw, I'm not saying those people are all minors, but that they sure act childishly.

BTW: I started programming when I was 14, got an internship at 16, and was coding on real shipping products by 17... so this subject (youth does not equate to inexperience and is no excuse for lack of respect) is one that I've had a great deal of experience with. You guys are lucky you're online, you have a certain advantage in that you don't have to reveal your age until others have already developed respect for you and your opinions. Back then I was working in a real office where people twice my age were resentful of the fact that I was getting to work on more interesting, profitable, and key projects than others with more seniority.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
right, very good points Nameable, and thanks for the compliment :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you realize the risk the prior owner GregR took buying dnforum from a juvenile at the time, who was a 15 or 16 yr old HS boy? That was one of the reasons I was reluctant to buy DNF when I had the opportunity, and in fact was the front-runner at the time.

When Dan later heard about the big dollar sale to DCG Dan could have easily said the old sale was not binding on him due to his age and tried to get this forum back, perhaps successfully! It was very lucky for GregR and DCG he did not do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom