Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

AhmedF BEWARE

• Thread starter Deleted member 4749
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 4749

Originally posted by Bob

When you said you would take 15% if the name was sold for anything over $20k, the implication was that it would be for several thousand over $20k and not $21k where you made out "unfairly".
-Bob

Uhhu... when somene says that you have to pay 15% if the price will represent anything over 20k, what does it mean ? It means 20,000.01 or more. It doesn't mean 25 000.01 or more

Bob, no offence, get real.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Coordinator Inc

Bob, no offence, get real.

No offense Yak -

Get some morals and ethics.

-Bob

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yak ... you posted earlier:>>>>
I also a human being and $3000 is no big money to me and I have no pleasure to blow somones reputation, but in this case, this is a very unpleasant scam<<<<

So if $3k means nothing to you and you take not pleasure in slandering people...why are you doing it?

Seems to me it was a misunderstanding...thats it a misunderstanding...nothing more nothing less. No scam

He assumed as I would that it was 10% of $20K and 15% of anything over and above that.

$21k sale
$2000 commision on $20k
$150 on $1k

If went by the terms of your deal...

He would end up with exactly the same amount that he would have if you sold it for $20k ... but this time you end up with the extra $1k.

And in the case example you stated...if you sold it for 20,050$ then it would actually COST HIM about $1000 on your terms.

Take a deep breath and relax and think about it for a minute...those are unfair terms. I'm not trying to beat ya up on this ... it does hurt to lose a 2-3k$ sale on a misunderstanding.

But you don't care about the money anyhow :)

Maybe you 2 can find a middle ground...but I doubt it.

aguss

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Yakov and AhmedF.
We should all take lessons from this.
If we are to be bound by an agreement, lets make sure that such agreement will satisfy all parties and that every party will commit to it no matter what.

Cheers
Agus S

ShaunP

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Coordinator Inc
I was asked by AhmedF to broker beat.com, a virtually worthless in my openion domain for 20k and over.

.. lotta trouble for a "worthless" domain. More board time though ... right?

Shaun

Keith

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Though I agree it is unethical...

I would have to go with Yakov on this one. An agreement is an agreement. Dont agree to the terms BEFORE if you dont like them, not AFTER.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Judging from the evidence we have at hand so far (which is mostly provided by the thread starter in his first post), I am more inclined to agreeing with Bob here.

Perhaps a lawyer member could jump in and elaborate more, but from what I know, if a contract is flawed (or unfair) from the very beginning, it may be invalid and non-enforceable.

But before we rush to any "verdict", please remember we have not yet heard from the other party and we should always render both (incl. the seemingly guilty) their benefit of the doubt.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As Yakov is no longer with us the point is possibly moot and maybe time to close the thread?

Garry Anderson

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FYI - I worked in Accounts.

I agree with Sharpy and Bob.

Discounts in shops work the way Coordinator describes - order 100 for 50 cents each - order 1000 for 45 cents each. But this is to make buyer purchase more - not for sale of single item - like a single domain name.

Comission should work like a tax. As you know - tax bands work such that you pay one percentage below the line and another above the line.

Below 20000 @ 10% + above 20000 @ 15% (1000)

As Sharky says, "Making you $2150 and him $18,850"

It is only fair that you change policy Coordinator.

Source

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember the "Reputation" thread like it was yesterday... LOL!

Some people never learn. :rolleyes:

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How come AdmedF has not put his side of the story here ?

Spider

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
because ahmedf knows he agreed to the deal then backed out of it. Even if the math is wrong he DID agree to it.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by URLtrader
How come AdmedF has not put his side of the story here ?

Perhaps Ahmed has better things to do that invlove himself in a mudslinging battle.

-Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom