Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

airtel.com $35,000 at pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bidding ends tomorrow.
Not bad for a TM hot potato.

Ukrainian

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, earlier airtel.in (official web-site of company airtel) didn't own airtel.com. Vodafone owned it.

so, Vodafone is dropping it.
who knows the reason?

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Auction houses need to be hold accountable for selling TM Domains and profiting from it.

It is only a matter of time until this happens. It is ridiculous these auction houses are making money on obvious TM issues.

Pool.com is one of the worst offenders. Their featured deleting domains on their home page are littered with TM issues daily.
It is one thing to have TM issues in the hundreds of thousands of domains deleting daily, it is another thing to highlight those on your homepage.

There are only 10 featured domains on Pool's homepage, there is no excuse for the amount of TM issues domains that show up there.

Brad

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They don't limit trademarks because then they would have to screen all domain in all countries for trademarks.

If they screen one even though its obvious, they would be responsible for screening them all.

-=DCG=-

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Out of hundreds of thousands of domains that are dropping daily TM issues manage to land on Pool's featured 10 list daily.

You could say they are already screening them, instead of removing them they are featuring them.

There is a difference between gray areas with TM, and obvious issues that anyone with half a brain could recognize.
They could easily create a keyword list to eliminate obvious famous TM's from being featured.

These companies Pool / GD / NJ / Snap all make plenty of money to address the issue. There is no excuse.

Brad

They don't limit trademarks because then they would have to screen all domain in all countries for trademarks.

If they screen one even though its obvious, they would be responsible for screening them all.

-=DCG=-

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
airtel seems very generic to me...just because a company in india holds a tm doesn't mean that someone else in the world can't use it...and pools featured domain list is made up of what people backorder.

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
airtel seems very generic to me...just because a company in india holds a tm doesn't mean that someone else in the world can't use it...and pools featured domain list is made up of what people backorder.

I am not singling out airtel, but you can look at that list daily and there are frequently obvious major TM (Google / Yahoo / Microsoft / etc) featured on there. At some point the venue is responsible for the activity that goes on there, especially the domains they are choosing to feature.

Any domainer who bought and sold these obvious TM issues would be seen as a cybersquatter. These companies make far more than any domainer does on obvious TM issues.

Brad

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If pool or a big company like that is made accountable once - They will act responsibly.
Or driven out of business...

Actually, earlier airtel.in (official web-site of company airtel) didn't own airtel.com. Vodafone owned it.

so, Vodafone is dropping it.
who knows the reason?
Interesting, isn't it ? Vodafone have a EU trademark too. Perhaps they no longer need it and are dropping the name because of possible confusion with the Indian telco.

We have yet to see who is going to get the name and how it will be put to use, but I could see a repeat of porsche.me: expensive auction, one sucker outbids everyone else, UDRP a few weeks later, and tens of thousands $$$ down the drain.

bmugford said:
Pool.com is one of the worst offenders. Their featured deleting domains on their home page are littered with TM issues daily. It is one thing to have TM issues in the hundreds of thousands of domains deleting daily, it is another thing to highlight those on your homepage.
It's not their fault :) They are just showing names that get backorders.
But for some reason the trademark holders are not satisfied with that line of thinking.
Go figure.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Somebody who wins a tradmarked name then loses it in udrp needs to sue the auction house to get this going for a more positive industry.

-=DCG=-

bmugford

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Somebody who wins a tradmarked name then loses it in udrp needs to sue the auction house to get this going for a more positive industry.

-=DCG=-

I agree with that. I would like to see a precedent set that holds auction houses responsible for their activity as well.

Brad

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you look at it Pool is the only beneficiary.
They are making money selling a TM - What rights do they have to profit off of some's TM and some ones ignorance.
every online entity does it in one way or another. look at adwords, tens of thousands of trademarked terms are being bid on daily.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-
Sounds like a Stella award winner to me.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Perhaps the concept of auctioning off expired domains is the culprit. Otherwise, I don't see why it's the fault of Namejet and not that of the bidder. I actually witnessed the owner of a pending tm grabbing a domain at Namejet; the old tm had expired and the previous company shut down.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

-=DCG=-

If a domainer should do it in order to be compliant with TM issues then those firms should do it too.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just found this on my godaddy page where it shows won auctions - i have not purchased any TMs, but the warning is listed on top of the page for everyone:

Go Daddy Auctions™ sellers are responsible for ensuring that offered domain names do not infringe on third-party trademarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom