Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

airtel.com $35,000 at pool.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It could be a fake bid. I got an email offering it as an "investment" today, saying that I need to rush because he has only 7 days to pay Pool.com, lol.

I see a re-auction coming or does Pool sell to the next in line?

Pool.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Pool.com does not screen out TM names, we only go after names that our customers request. And, I can say from experience that we have had many customers seek out to acquire TM domains. I have also seen these acquisitions immediately get challenged in UDRP and have seen the challenge fail and the respondent succeed in keeping a domain which many would have said they were not entitled to own.

The problem with "prior rights" is that the internet community has one method to deal with this issue, it's called a UDRP. Registrars are not obligated, for example, to make sure a new registration does not conflict someone elses rights in the world? It is true that new registry's provide a Sunrise period where TM and prior rights are protected but I can assure you that even in that environment there are usually multiple applications with compliant prior rights claims for the same domain. They may be in different contexts or usages but the text string is the same.

Pool.com and our competitors Namejet and SnapNames simply provide the ability for "any" potential owner to get the domains of their choice. None of us have either the authority nor the responsibility to vet their individual rights to a specific name, that is a simple matter for the courts. And clearly there are many domain i nvestors that are willing to a) pay the money for a premium name and then b) defend their right to that name in a UDRP.

As for this specific auction, the winning bidder has a limited time to submit full payment at which point we offer the domain to the second place winner. In the event they do nmot want the domain, we would look at re-aucitoning.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As for this specific auction, the winning bidder has a limited time to submit full payment at which point we offer the domain to the second place winner. In the event they do nmot want the domain, we would look at re-aucitoning.

Do you eliminate all the deadbeat winner's bids? Say if the deadbeat winner and the runner up went back and forth starting at $50K. Do you sell to the runner up for $50K or the runner up's last bid?

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you eliminate all the deadbeat winner's bids? Say if the deadbeat winner and the runner up went back and forth starting at $50K. Do you sell to the runner up for $50K or the runner up's last bid?

They are clever by half - they offer it to the 2nd bidder for his last bid (bumped by the non-payer) not for his last bid over 3rd bidder. I failed for this crappy trick once, got burned.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like the buyer might have wised up and realized he was the next Goodwill.com...

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
most likely doesn't have the cash to pay for it and thought Airtel will pay him a fortune for it.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Fair question....But...

I think we had the answer to that in the recent famous Snapnames 'Halvarez' case....

The refunds were calculated back to the second bidder's highest bid....NOT....back to the bid prior to Halvarez commencing the bidding run-up.

Lot of people got screwed in that little schmozzle.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think someone thought he/she can make a million dollars by selling it to airtel company. Let's see if the buyer pays, but after some pm's I have received I have my doubts.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, the "buyer" is on this forum and seems to be his first venture into domains. He assumed he can flip domains and make a million bucks in no time.

here a quote from the buyers post on this forum "I am really fed up in domain name industry. I have 9-10 domain waiting for such to sell it but I have 0 luck. My father don't believe in internet domain name properties. I am 22 and with zero pennies.... This is hell."

Last edited:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I assume that's why pool is still in the whois info ;-)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, the "buyer" is on this forum and seems to be his first venture into domains. He assumed he can flip domains and make a million bucks in no time.

here a quote from the buyers post on this forum "I am really fed up in domain name industry. I have 9-10 domain waiting for such to sell it but I have 0 luck. My father don't believe in internet domain name properties. I am 22 and with zero pennies.... This is hell."

Wow, what an idiot....35k and this is what he buys? Poor fool.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Find A Date

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the same person (deadbeat winner), that won the auction on my domain at Great Domains/Sedo and hasn't paid up yet, what a loser.

Tried to offer it for sale here on DNF after winning it, while the domain is still registered in MY NAME!

Mods really ought to ban people like this before they get bold enough to actually start taking peoples money or domain without paying for them.

Robert

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom