Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Alert: Net Solutions 100 year scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruth

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Red Alert.

According to a friend of mine, Netsol is calling up people and telling them to register domains (with hosting) for 100 years, at $9.99 per year.

I would not be surprised if this gets NetSol into legal problems, either with authorities, or with some form of class action suit.

Why doesnt NetSol just try to compete with better quality and pricing?

Pass it on.

C

austinandrew

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's your point? Why would they get into legal problems about this?

They've been offering this for a while. To some companies paying a $1,000 to lock things up is no big deal. Yeah, it's over priced, but that's their choice.

Name Trader

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I pity those companies that pay for 100 years. No person initiating this is going to be around in 100 years. Systems will change. There could be multiple takeovers or mergers to either party. The likelihood of a unsuccessful renewal in 100 years is going to be significant. If knew the names of companies doing this I'd backorder their domains at SnapNames and leave specific instructions in my will to check on the status annually :)

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gariben said:
I'm not sure but I don't think NetSol have a 100 year contract on .com/.net registry.

-----------------

shhhh...you were not supposed to figure that out for at least 25 years or so....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom