Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Am I obliged to sell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree.

IMHO -- Bottom line is this: if buyer requires "cash-in-hand", they should clearly state this in terms of sale and/or post their PayPal info and/or watch their sale like a hawk 24x7. Otherwise, "SOLD" and "HOLD" are synonymous, as there is no way to enforce "cash-in-hand" without enforcing an immediate payment scenario.

Mr Webname said:
Personally I do not publicly post my Paypal info.
IMO a sale is not made until both parties agree, ("Hi xxxxxx.net sold - please PM your Paypal address and Registrar details" - PM follows from seller, "Thanks, Paypal is xxxxxx @ xxxxxx.org - name is at Enom").
Also even when posting "sold" it is possible a sale may already have been made by PM then you would have to send a PM asking for the return of your payment - and someone is going to lose the Paypal charge!

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No Way Fle8,

I strongly disagree with this option. If you can't pay don't post that's like buying a ticket on a plane and not paying for it until you get back. Go ahead see if you can fly.
or like eating a candy bar in a store and coming back later and paying for it. You don't plan to do something and forget to prepare for it. Buying domain names is a business for profit not for chairty. When you post sold you take away future buyer's who have shown intrest in the domain name. In my case if a customer does not keep a promise or post a sold notice and does'nt intend to pay until later I will prefer not to do business with him. The problem's mount up and you leave yourself open to weakness and poor business practices.

We should have a forum to post these pay later domaineer's.

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to say that one of the problems i encounter a lot as a seller on these forums, is that i post a list of names for sale. Then someone posts SOLD and i wait online several hours for payment, then i give up for the night and go to sleep and 24 hours later the person finally responds and then complains why it's taking so long to transfer the names!

This mainly happens on weekends, since i'm not usually online on weekends, so when i post a thread for sale on thurs or friday and the person doesn't contact me by sat morning, they have to wait until monday before i have access to a pc again.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think you missed my point. That being: If you don't specify a time limit and/or specific payment instruction for payment, you cannot expect immediate payment. IMHO, to solve this problem, the simple answer would seem to be: if it matters to you, specify an "expiration period" within your sale for payment. If it doesn't don't get upset over a 48 hour delay in payment.

Of course, I agree with you in principle -- "SOLD" and "HOLD" are NOT the same. If I post SOLD, I should be ready and willing to pay. The question in my mind is not of the buyers intentions, but his or her sheer ability to execute payment in a timely fashion due to the fact that everyone cannot be online at the same time, and insufficient information is available to execute payment until the seller is back online.

Here's my last word: If I see a good deal, you better believe I'm going to post SOLD, even if I know that I will be away from my computer for the next 48 hours (which is not often, granted). If this type of lag is not acceptable to the seller, they should specify in their sale.

fussyfever said:
No Way Fle8,

I strongly disagree with this option. If you can't pay don't post that's like buying a ticket on a plane and not paying for it until you get back. Go ahead see if you can fly.
or like eating a candy bar in a store and coming back later and paying for it. You don't plan to do something and forget to prepare for it. Buying domain names is a business for profit not for chairty. When you post sold you take away future buyer's who have shown intrest in the domain name. In my case if a customer does not keep a promise or post a sold notice and does'nt intend to pay until later I will prefer not to do business with him. The problem's mount up and you leave yourself open to weakness and poor business practices.

We should have a forum to post these pay later domaineer's.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This option you give makes no sence. There is no one in the world that will let you continue to do business with them. All's you have to do is refuse the purchase at a later time and you cost the seller time and money. I say to you my dnf friend and dnf does nor mean "do not finish". It just makes for a poor business transaction.
Post sold then leave for 48hrs. I know you can't be online all time, I understand the seller might not be online when the domain name is sold. I don't understand posting sold with the intent to leave for 48hrs. You could pm the seller with the intent. If he wants to wait he will tell you, If not do not expect the domain name to wait for you.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, we're talking hypothetically. I'm just trying to make a point that expecting immediate payment may be unreasonable at times. I hate to compare, but eBay provides for three business days (that's up to five, sometimes six calendar days) before a payment is even considered due for a reminder, and 7 days before the payment is considered overdue. I know this isn't eBay, but the fact remains that delays may occur, and they should not prevent someone from participating in a sale.

And, at the risk of repeating myself, I restate: If it's important to you as a seller, post immediate payment as a term of the sale itself.

fussyfever said:
This option you give makes no sence. There is no one in the world that will let you continue to do business with them. All's you have to do is refuse the purchase at a later time and you cost the seller time and money. I say to you my dnf friend and dnf does nor mean "do not finish". It just makes for a poor business transaction.
Post sold then leave for 48hrs. I know you can't be online all time, I understand the seller might not be online when the domain name is sold. I don't understand posting sold with the intent to leave for 48hrs. You could pm the seller with the intent. If he wants to wait he will tell you, If not do not expect the domain name to wait for you.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
To me anyways, mentioning that payment is via PayPal means "Instant" this is the whole purpose of using PayPal isnt it, easy, quick, instant transfer of funds.

If I do happen to come across a name I would like to purchase but am short of funds at the time I will PM the seller first asking if it was ok to pay within 24hrs etc... prior to posting SOLD in their sales thread.

Mike

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is the wat to do business.

If I do happen to come across a name I would like to purchase but am short of funds at the time I will PM the seller first asking if it was ok to pay within 24hrs etc... prior to posting SOLD in their sales thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom