Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Am I researching this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnatolia

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a couple of different strategies and would like some advice please.

I follow the GoDaddy auctions for anything that seems reasonably priced with high traffic and optionally a decent valuation. I figure these can be parked while I investigate the potential for flipping them (ie. contact Google PR 1-10 websites that would potentially want to buy the domain). I also look at the age of the site, for example I'm currently bidding on a site that was created approx 15 years ago with decent traffic, the historical archive didn't show it as a fantastic looking site but the last snapshot was Feb 2013.

I also use various web tools to locate available domains that have good sounding typography and that have good quality competitor websites in Googles PR 1-10. As an example I saw www.melbournescheapestcars.com.au has #1 position for 'cheap cars', and 'cheapest cars' so I purchased 'melbournecheapcars.com', 'yourdiscountcars.com' and 'discountcarssale.com'. For melbournescheapestcars.com Alexa has it ranked in Australi at 12,000 with approx 48 backlinks and receives 15% of traffic from the search term 'melbourne cheapest cars' and 'cheap cars melbourne' sent 2.27% traffic. Is this a reasonable research methodology? I grabbed the two more generic ones to broaden the scope.

Am I looking at this right? Or can you recommend a better approach?

Thanks heaps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom