Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Am so tired of digital point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah you're not supposed to post in sales threads and only PM. I just use the domains section and that's it.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just checked the post again. i didn't reply to the post i only PM'd the thread starter - what a joke

Sapphiro

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its not limited to DigitalPoint. Most Moderators have control issues, they fail to realise that their job is to ensure that the forum remains tidy and to address complaints. Many believe their job is to police the WWW. If you believe you are undeserving then simply contact the owner of the board directly.

Moderators do more damage to moral than the other members.

I agree! I think they probably have nothing better to do than finding issues with its members, I got temporary banned there before for very minor issues.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would contact the owner of the forum directly.

I agree, contact Shawn and see if you can have a chat with him about it.

Kinda sucks having a top 100 website. The trolls and the staff seem to take over.
I dont trade at DP, but I do read there, and I have talked with Shawn before and he is a smart cookie.

I would love to have someone show me a top 100 website forum that doesnt have some kinda population problems. Its inherent with the traffic levels.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's a common misconception that forum moderators have an iota of intelligence. In the case you mention, this tenet is obviously correct. Don't bother with these morons, and take your advertising dollars elsewhere. Contact the forum owner and tell him to stick his business and his moderating cohorts where the sun don't shine. Start a blog and expose your shameful treatment.

No inference meant here to DNF mods.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
On the rare occasion I log into Digital Point these days, I am greeted by a 2-year-old reputation message (unsigned, but presumably from one of the sad little people they use as mods:

Latest Reputation Received (5 point(s) total)

• Dec 20th 2009 3:29 am
    Thread: WeightLossSystem.net...
    HEY DUMB****! YOU CAN NOT SELL HERE...READ THE ****ING RULES!
Of course, there are no asterisks in the original message. That serves as a reminder that I want nothing to do with them. Maybe the owner is a "smart cookie," but he has shown no inclination to clean up the online equivalent of a Detroit crack house. (Actually, that's not really fair to crack houses... I retract.)

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On the rare occasion I log into Digital Point these days, I am greeted by a 2-year-old reputation message (unsigned, but presumably from one of the sad little people they use as mods:

Latest Reputation Received (5 point(s) total)

• Dec 20th 2009 3:29 am
    Thread: WeightLossSystem.net...
    HEY DUMB****! YOU CAN NOT SELL HERE...READ THE ****ING RULES!
Of course, there are no asterisks in the original message. That serves as a reminder that I want nothing to do with them. Maybe the owner is a "smart cookie," but he has shown no inclination to clean up the online equivalent of a Detroit crack house. (Actually, that's not really fair to crack houses... I retract.)
It's what's known as QUALITY moderation. I don't know why you guys put up with such abuse. Just start a forum with 'sucks' (or some such complmentary suffix) and speak your mind. What you quote is WAY out of order. Investigate these idiots and expose them.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AFAIK the owner (Shawn) is still being sued by Ebay.
Taking care that DP is properly run may not be a top priority to him.

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I think the FBI and federal charges (up to 20 years) would be worrying him more. That said, he has an interesting story on his blog that basically says Ebay was a co-conspirator. All in, I see little hope for that place to clean up unless it's sold off. Cookie stuffing is theft, and it's much less defensible than say, file sharing, for which others are already in prison.

AFAIK the owner (Shawn) is still being sued by Ebay.
Taking care that DP is properly run may not be a top priority to him.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, if you have news in this id love to read it too.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good read (and scary) thanks for the link

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've visited DP twice in my life. The first time was when someone tried to sell my domains in a thread and I had to create a user there just to post in his thread that they were definitely not his domains. The second (and hopefully last) time I had to log on to DP was when someone was using my picture as their avatar ..

Great community over there BTW.. Looks like they've gathered all the serious domainers and business men all in one place. [/IRONY]

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.shoemoney.com/2010/08/04/shawn-hogan-speaks-out-on-fbi-charges/
You can start here for the intro, then get his side of the story at the DP blog

Hmm, that makes sense; he says he 'tried' to leave their program for a year or so but they wouldn't let him go (if you want to leave, you leave, right?) next thing is, they kick him out and he's getting sued. Oh yeah, that all sounds perfectly reasonable. I'm sure he'll have lots of correspondence to back it all up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom