Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

legal Angry Spammer Upset by Lack of Success of Spamming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's unsolicited bulk email pitching a sale from a company I have never done business with.

This is the very DEFINITION of SPAM.

Spam is bulk, unsolicited email. Being a targeted approach, I would say this is the email equivalent of making a cold call by telephone.

You have the option of asking them to not contact you again, as you can do with phone calls and DNC regulation.

If I were you, I'd hold him to the $40 agreement. Sadly, they're in Germany, so this will be a bit harder to enforce internationally.

But if he were in the US, he did, in fact, create what is, in effect, a contract, by accepting the $40, even in jest.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Spam is bulk, unsolicited email. Being a targeted approach, I would say this is the email equivalent of making a cold call by telephone.

You have the option of asking them to not contact you again, as you can do with phone calls and DNC regulation.

If I were you, I'd hold him to the $40 agreement. Sadly, they're in Germany, so this will be a bit harder to enforce internationally.

But if he were in the US, he did, in fact, create what is, in effect, a contract, by accepting the $40, even in jest.
Maxwell, it's plain, cold, unmitigated spam - hotfoot from their latest 'whois' trawl. As a 'Mensan' I'd have thought you'd have worked that one out. God knows why you have to put that in your signature. Your fellow Mensans will look upon that at best as 'bad taste' :D

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I classify them as spam. I do not contact anyone to buy a domain or website from me by email or phone without first checking them out. If I see a domainer or web development company I don't bother - they know how to buy any domain or website that they want.

That's my usual response to these types of emails : "If I wanted your domain I would have contacted you."

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I classify them as spam. I do not contact anyone to buy a domain or website from me by email or phone without first checking them out. If I see a domainer or web development company I don't bother - they know how to buy any domain or website that they want.

That's my usual response to these types of emails : "If I wanted your domain I would have contacted you."

What's to say that this guy didn't actually check out the OP?

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What's to say that this guy didn't actually check out the OP?
Correct. The domain compensationexperts.com is parked for sale so it's safe to say that the owner is a domainer and not an end user, at least not for this particular domain. He should have been left alone.

I mean, it's irritating to be spammed by fellow domainers trying to sell their domains to you, while you are struggling to sell your own domains...
Clearly spam and lack of proper etiquette too. Kinda like his sense of humor though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom