Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Another new member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi at DNForum
I joined this forum a couple of weeks ago and this is my first thread here.

I'm also new to this industry, known it for only 10 weeks now. Read an article about Schilling (who else:eek:k:) in a danish business-paper.

So far I have bought almost 110 domainnames, mostly .com. I now hope I can use this forum to ask questions about the next steps I'm going to take to get the best out of my investments. Together with a university student here in Denmark I'm developing a simple website for PPC-revenue for all my domainnames. But where should I place all my names. Directly with Google, Yahoo or ??? Or how do I learn if one or two of my best names ought to be developed much further than 'just' PPC??

Only to get the best advice I will here list some of the names I have bought the last 10 weeks. AND if I don't succeed in this at all, then the next thread from me will start with "domains for sale" hehe. :smilewinkgrin: I have so far tried to buy a 'little of everything' to see where this might go.

I look forward to hear from you here at DNForum.

domains:

specialoffer.com
busstations.com
careeradvisors.com
computernotebooks.com
luxury-cars.com
europeanmotels.com
womendiscounts.com
civilclaims.com
traveltopics.com
pokerrecord.com
currencysites.com
skatingequipment.com
buyorganicfuel.com
windenergyparc.com
wavepowerproduction.com
organicfuelnews.com
musclebuilding.net
medicaldisorders.net
mobilephoneproducts.net

I really appreciate any reply to all this. Hopefully I can get a bit better start in this industry. And I'm not a dreamer and think that I will be the next Ham or Schilling. ;) I have a little cash to put into this, I don't expect much, but I'm always determined to do things to best way possible. Thanks

Greetings from Denmark

Mogens Hoyer (weird name for you english-speaking I know:))

cursal

MomsDigest.com For Sale!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like your taking Franks advice about how to buy domain names and sticking with his(Frank's) love of mainly .com and .net

for the first time out your names "look" good.
Now to get those $$ to come with them.

nice names:
specialoffer.com
busstations.com
careeradvisors.com
computernotebooks.com
skatingequipment.com

Welcome to DNF :wave:

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all your nice replies to my first thread here. :)

I'm very glad to hear to you think that at least some of my names are interesting.
And for your question "DomainName", I actually am brand new to this. But must admit that some of the names I have bought so far, have also been very expensive (too me anyway). Before buying my first 4 names in June I spend three weeks reading everything I could find on the internet and the DomainEbook, The Domain Game and so on, to get an idea of what might be good enough to 'bet' on.
But honestly, three months ago I was selling cars and had been doing that for ten years. Then sold my half of a my business in April and had to look for something to invest in. Stocks aren't interesing right now in Denmark and neither is realestate. So this article about Schilling just caught my attention, so now I'm trying.
I got ComputerNotebooks at the Paris meeting. I went there and 'mingled' with all the pros in the business and paid as much attention as possible. Some were amased that I attended a meeting after only knowing the business for four weeks and only owning four .coms... I didn't really fit in, must admit. :) hehe.

Thanks again, hope its okay I take advantage of the great knowledge I'm sure ýou all possess in here.

If anyone has a suggestion to where I should place my names, when my PPC-template/site is ready for all the names, I would be really glad. Should I rather use Hitfarm, Fabulous (only as example) or companies like that instead of going directly to Google or Yahoo?? I have read that I might not get good enough a deal with the last two compared to what other big companies can obtain with them.

Best regards
Hoyer

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community Hoyer. Don't ask me about appraisals, I'm bad at that. :)

It does seem you're a step ahead, though, some of your domans aren't bad and you've done some reading.
As for parking suggestions - apply with Parked.com and if you don't go in, go with Sedo.com

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Ed (draggar)

I've also read about Parked.com especially. Though I have some difficulties in figuring out if they only want domainnames that are parked without any developed website. Will they also be interested in my names when I have a developed site for them? Do all the companies like Parked.com want to receive domainnames both developed and undeveloped???
Okay, I just revealed myself, I AM new to this. hehe. :) Hopefully you have a great deal of patience. And if no one answers, I'll understand anyway. :)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What parking companies do is you point the DNS or forward the domain to them and they set up a basic page for you.

If you are developing your own sites, then you should look into Adsense and related referral programs.

Don't worry about being new, we were all new at one point. :)

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm very glad its okay to ask 'newbie' questions here. :)

As I understand it, it would be alright for me to place my names/develope sites directly with Google (AdSense) for exsample. I just wasn't sure if the revenue would be the best there for me as I only have few names. I have created an account in AdSense and two weeks ago I set up specialoffer.com just to go through the opportunities. BUT don't look at the site :) its very ugly so far... But I know a little about AdSense now.

Thanks again, I appreciate it.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with those who said above, some of those domains are quite good. If you've got the time & energy definitely go ahead and start developing. You might want to wait until you get traffic before you add adsense though.

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for your reply, fab

I have recently made contact with a guy at our local university, who knows about developing sites for me, so that is the plan. At first we will just develope a template, that looks the same for every name I have. Hopefully that will show which names are good enough and which names I shouldn't have bought. :)
As the newbie I am, I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say I should wait until I get traffic to add adsense? How do I get traffic before I put adds on my site? Do you mean that I ought to just park the names first? Right now my names are not even parked yet.
When you say I should go ahead and start developing... is it profitable enough to just develope a PPC-template or should I pick out a few better names and develope further to see any good results/income?
Thanks

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Traffic means visitors. You won't be getting any visitors up until the search engines index and/or you get links or advertise. There's really nothing wrong with putting up ads day one, but, it may deter some visitors.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome !

are you sure you're new??? ;)

where did u get 'specialoffer.com' ? 1996

that is a sweeeeeeeet domain. valuable :yes:
cheers

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow
specialoffer.com
That is NOT newbie domain.

Is that parked page from one of the parking company?
If not, adsense page you have at specialoffer.com, that's not proper way to do.
Unless you have special arrangement with google, you must have actual content.
You may even lose adsense acct or google will just ban that domain and let you
keep acct if you are lucky.

It's better to remove site until you have some content even if just one or two page of junk contents ;)

Hoyer

Hoyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Predator,
and still, I am a newbie. :) But I'm very glad to hear that specialoffer.com and maybe a few more are strong names. That assures me a little as I'm only beginning and trying to find the to make a little money from it. I bought specialoffer.com at the Moniker Auction in Orlando in May this year.
And Copper, I will remove my site for specialoffer tomorrow. I really didn't know that a site could be banned. But if I look at it, I may understand why. :) hehe. I was just trying to get familiar with the tools in AdSense.
Thanks a lot for this information.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's better to ask around before do something and you'll be surprised
that many members, especially exclusive members, will try to lend you
a helping hands.

Specialoffer.com - I think this domain can be cash cow if developed properly.

I am sure you'll do just fine ;)

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with those who said above, some of those domains are quite good. If you've got the time & energy definitely go ahead and start developing. You might want to wait until you get traffic before you add adsense though.

I'll have to disagree here. I put up some sites and from day one I've had adsense on them. Now, I didn't go overboard with them (one 250X250 ad in the sidebar (fits) and one 720X90 on the bottom of the page. Within a month I've started to have revenue. Not much, but some. Now the site has a steady stream of traffic and the adsense has paid for the domain now (actually, a year and a half registration now).

If you do it tastefully then you shouldn't have an issue with traffic getting deterred with ads but don't make a mistake and think "more ads = more clicks" and fill the page up with adsense, then I'll agree, I would walk away from that site and not go back.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

I've been to Blaavand a few times, Denmark is really nice. Not sure why, but one of the words I remember is strompebukser.

You have some good domains in your portfolio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom