Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Another scam (or not) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If everyone on the site emailed every one of their domains to him -- one per email, of course -- he would get, what, about 500k emails, give or take. That might shut him up for awhile.

Aperio.org

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got an email from our beloved George Bergman (email was [email protected] )as well regarding one of my sites listed on Sedo. I knew i could count on dnforum to make confirming my suspicions quickly....thanks to all that have contributed.

lz83ny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got an email form that scammer as well, signed as Thomas Berg [email protected]

I just sent him a goodbye email:

Don't play games with me, you're not such a tough guy, huh? Stop spamming or I'll report you. You gotta have MPD(multiple personality disorder) 'cause you're also known as:
George Bergman
Marc Miller
Michael Spillman
Michael Murphy

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All i wonder is how he gets your email? he must be a member of this forum! cause i didn't get it on any of my sedo domains!

andyat11

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats what I think OR he's viewing some info somehow

bigdaddypawn2

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here was my reply to one Mr. Thomas Berg-

Dear Mr. Thomas Berg,

$500,000,000.00 U.S. Dollars in $100 dollar bills dropped in the dumpster in the back of the McDonalds next to the Piggly Wiggley in Ft. Paine, Alabama. I'll be watching for you and when its done and I'm finished counting my money I'll foward your new name to your account. NON-NEGOTIABLE!

p.s.- I'll need your Godaddy account number and password to foward the name to you.

Regards, Mike M

bigdaddypawn2

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL, I got a reply form Mr. Berg. So far this is all he has to say-
"How much do you exactly want in US dollars?"

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably for every 98 people that aren't taken in by the scam, there are 2 that are.

If he/they send out thousands of such e-mails a day, they will probably make a lot of (dishonest) money.

GreatDomains.com used to do appraisals, although perhaps they don't any more.

The point is, that the other companies probably charge a lot more, so people are more likely to pay for the scam appraisal.

JoLynn

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh i feel so stupid :emba:

i was looking to sell my domain spellbox.com and i had it listed and i got a letter from one mark miller and he wouldn't use the appraisal i had from the company i was using to sell my domain, and he insisted that i use either greatdomains (which doesn't really take domains apparently) and fastdomainsales. so i paid for an appraisal through fastdomain sales and here is what he said:

"Thank you. Looks reasonable but I expected a lower valuation. $5000 is out of my budget at this moment.
Anyway now I see that your name has a very good potential and offer you the following. I can try to resell your name . I will set the starting price
based on your appraisal.
I find a buyer. Then I pay you the appraised value and earn the difference.
It takes time to find a buyer. Can you wait for 30-40 days before I find
someone?
I'm going to buy several direct emailing services (opt-in lists) in order
topromote your domain. May I use your appraisal im my promotional emails?
I don't claim exclusive rights to sell your domain. I will try to do my best. Deal ?
Kindest regards,
Mark Miller
CEO
MCSE, MCSD

Damn i feel dumb, but I'm real glad I found this forum before I got ripped off again, I have never sold a domain before so I was not too savvy to the ways of those people.
Mark Miller is a total waste of sperm and egg.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I fell for it once. I play with these people each time I get an email like this.

JoLynn

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since reading all the other posts, i'm just hopin' that jackass writes me again!

nickb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
damn wish i had some domains now just so i could have some fun with these people :cheeky:

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

NAS125

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol... my plan:
I am going to make an fake e-mail and send a letter to him saying
Hello owner of "what ever software" comapy,
I own numerous software companies worl wide specializing in yadayadayada...
I would like to purchase your company on my budget of 3.7 Million USD. Would you mind replying to my e-mail and we will meet and agree on terms.

Or some profesional letter... LOL itll be funny!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NAS125 said:
Lol... my plan:
I am going to make an fake e-mail and send a letter to him saying
Hello owner of "what ever software" comapy,
I own numerous software companies worl wide specializing in yadayadayada...
I would like to purchase your company on my budget of 3.7 Million USD. Would you mind replying to my e-mail and we will meet and agree on terms.

Or some profesional letter... LOL itll be funny!

It your time really worth so little you will waste a whole pile of it on this scammer?

GrainFarmer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got one today from [email protected] "TGR Engineering". He replyed with "James Ueland", same email address. I was suspicious when the first email was asking about a domain name that I have for sale, when that domain was sold by me 3 months ago.

In the first email, he asked if I had others for sale as well. I of course replyed with some of the others I had. The next email said "I am interested in 1, 2, 3, and 4." (the domain names I sent him)

"I need to know the lowest price you can accept.

What is your price range for each: $5,000 or $10,000 or even higher?"

At that point, I knew for sure it was time to go to DNForum and do a search. Sure enough, I found what I needed here. First one of these emails I have received. Thanks for the info!

GrainFarmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom