Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Another Shady SnapNames.com Registrar Partner Goes AWOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ideally, I would love to see the domain put in the registrar of choice.

But, I don't see this happening. If you drop catch, you are the new registrant. Therefore, you have this bogus 60 day rule.

Plus, GoDaddy has their service, Moniker has Snap, etc...so I am not sure of the carte blanche acceptance by your competition.
Thanks Doc. Good point - I hadn't thought of the 60-day rule. Not sure what you mean about "carte blanche acceptance by your competition" - could you explain this a little further? I must be having a 'thickie' day ;)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Doc. Good point - I hadn't thought of the 60-day rule. Not sure what you mean about "carte blanche acceptance by your competition" - could you explain this a little further? I must be having a 'thickie' day ;)
To get into the drop game and to put domains into preferred accounts, I can not foresee these other registrars simply saying, "Sure. We'll let you take drops away from us but let you use our accounts."

These registrars and drop companies are highly, highly competitive. Of course, we already knew that.

And it appears to me that these drop catchers need to be affiliated with a known and trusted name of a registrar to prevent this credibility issue we are seeing in this very thread.

So the "blank check" was a mere note of the, Yeah, right. These guys are going to let you in.

As far as the thickie thing, believe me when I say been there - done that.

I wrote the first post on only one cup of coffee. Ain't that something?

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So essentially it looks like a 'catch and push' scenario, and thus have to have the client wait 60 days etc.? More coffee here please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom