Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Another STUPID Move by GoDaddy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I may have missed something, but being an account holder at GoDaddy (still have about 198 names to move out) and having paid in advance with 2 years remaining on a reseller account, it appears that in YoDaddy typical style and fashion of any notice what so ever,

UPDATE: It appears GoDaddy may still be taking PayPal but both sites have been on and off all day on June 1.

An email response I just received from GoDaddy at 0144 EST:

Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks you for contacting Online Support.

Currently Godaddy is experiencing issues with the paypal payment system and the option has been temporarily removed. We are currently working to resolve this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Best regards,

Frank W.
Online Support Tech

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First mistake was being a Godaddy reseller. Other than their 60 day rule when changing contact info, they are still good at managing names, and if you get a coupon code every once in a while, they have some good deals.

I only have 10 names with them though. The rest are at Moniker because I have chosen them for their security and customer support. Although customer support has gone down the drain the last several months.

But you are right, a notice about Paypal would have been nice, but I am sure they sent it, and it was probably filtered to spam like all their email is and was deleted.

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
First mistake was being a Godaddy reseller. Other than their 60 day rule when changing contact info, they are still good at managing names, and if you get a coupon code every once in a while, they have some good deals.

I only have 10 names with them though. The rest are at Moniker because I have chosen them for their security and customer support. Although customer support has gone down the drain the last several months.

But you are right, a notice about Paypal would have been nice, but I am sure they sent it, and it was probably filtered to spam like all their email is and was deleted.

They did NOT send it. I do not use spam filter for my email accounts.

I may have missed something, but being an account holder at GoDaddy (still have about 198 names to move out) and having paid in advance with 2 years remaining on a reseller account, it appears that in YoDaddy typical style and fashion of any notice what so ever,

GoDaddy has stopped taking PayPal

Some sort of notice sent out would have been too much to ask, I presume. Perhaps PimpDaddy wanted to cut down on cost and no longer wanted to absorb PayPal fees.

But it does appear that, as of today, PayPal as a payment option for GoDaddy and it's resellers is history.

Now, you want to talk about rumors? Let's add some to the fire.

I had read months and months ago that Google was interested in purchasing GoDaddy. Could this be the start? If Google Check Out all of a sudden becomes and option as payment, then it may be more than rumors.

Google does offer domain registration through...you got it...BobDaddy.

Google is not a registrar. They are an eNom reseller. One of my clients tried it and WTF! They need to verify if you are the owner of that domain by adding a googleblah1blah2.html on your host, before you can change anything. In the meantime, the domain is set to iGoogle by default. Without verifying, you can't change the DNS; without changing DNS, you can't point your domain to your host and upload the file to verify. So my client was like WTF!! How can a stupid company like Google be so big!??
We were also looking to get the AUTH code. Guess what, after an hour of carpet searching, we were 100% sure that there was no option for you to request for the AUTH code!
Google's disablity may force them to acquire something existing like YoMommy.

Gramma

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just speculation - but maybe the tar brush of registerfly painted them? There were thousands of complaints to Paypal about registerfly - and now godaddy has taken them over.....
i noticed the same thing today - ticks me off - it still shows up as a payment option in my account settings - but not when I check out.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Long long ago when I was a wee wee lad, I had no idea that there was anything bigger and better than BlowDaddy.

All my domains are in the process of being transitioned to Moniker as you mentioned. But with 3500 domains spread across the solar system, only about 800 are at moniker. The rest are being brought over as renewals come up.

Moniker's pricing is in line with and in many cases better than my own discount so there is no reason to continue with the reseller feller. Just riding out the terms.

As for being sure they sent it...no. Not even the newsletters I get from WWD or emails from them make any mention of it whatsoever. It appears BoDiddly was down for a few hours this morning as I had to wait on a transfer code. Most likely this is the transition phase.

just speculation - but maybe the tar brush of registerfly painted them? There were thousands of complaints to Paypal about registerfly - and now godaddy has taken them over.....
i noticed the same thing today - ticks me off - it still shows up as a payment option in my account settings - but not when I check out.
I have contacted both BelowDaddy and my reseller account with WWD and have asked them to remove this if it is no longer an option.

I have several hundred customers as a reseller and this is sure to piss them off and I don't blame them.

All the more reason when I sell domain names I do not even push my own service. Isn't that pathetic? That is how much I have grown to dislike MoDaddy and TDNAM since the auction fiasco earlier in the spring.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

lvddomains

Level 4
Reaction score
ya still shows payment option but no checkout!!

where would you suggest to register or move my domains too. which is the best? all of my domains are at godaddy

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just paid using paypal........

AlienGG

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had some issues as well using pp the other day, but some people are saying it's up now again..I don't think they STOPPED taking paypal...Pretty sure my exclusive account rep would have told me ahead of time..I will check though and let everyone know what I find out..

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i just paid using paypal........
I'll double check, but it was no longer an option during a transfer. They are really promoting their "Good as Gold" where you prefund your account. More and more registrars are opting for this. Moniker and several others have a similar program, as well as a service charge for using PayPal.

I had some issues as well using pp the other day, but some people are saying it's up now again..I don't think they STOPPED taking paypal...Pretty sure my exclusive account rep would have told me ahead of time..I will check though and let everyone know what I find out..
Well, well, well...back from the "kitty" nap?

Howdy MoFoCus!

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i thought that Lion avatar looked familiar......

long time no see...:)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
PayPal icons RED X are in place but not showing up as being active.

PayPal was down a greater part of the day. Perhaps the problem lies there and PoDaddy was taking it off line. Who knows. No one answering phones or answering emails at either place.

Both my emails have gone unanswered in that 2 hour window now going on 6 hours.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why don't you use the paypal debit mastercard...or for that matter the virtual paypal debit card and take the 1.5% cash back on all purchases the money still comes out of your paypal account.
PayPal account funded with cash. Staying away from CC or debit cards. Plus, PayPal does pay a decent "money market" return rate on balances in my account. Actually, better than savings account. Not that I am using them as a bank, but sales proceeds are just left in the account.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I tried to using Paypal to pay my seller fees on ebay the other day, and I kept getting a error screen...Ebay uses Paypal as the default payment method, so I had to start over again and pay direct to ebay....I dont know if this connected to your problem or not, but it happened a few days ago.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From other forum news, PayPal appears to have been a problem up until almost 7 pm tonight. I attempted to pay for two domain names purchased today but had to notify the seller that I was unable to log into my account.

simon johnson

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Paypal is a serious alternative for you as a savings account, then I would hate to see your bank fees. :eek:

If Godaddy has removed Paypal, then its an opportunity for another registrar to step in and take up those customers that depend on it. :cool:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i think he meant from a % yield basis for the sweep MMKT.....they are pretty competitive...if not better than most local banks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom