Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Another STUPID Move by GoDaddy???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If Paypal is a serious alternative for you as a savings account, then I would hate to see your bank fees. :eek:
On a savings account, what does a bank pay?

With my bank (checkings and savings; have to have a local branch for direct deposit from work):

Regular savings: 0.30%
Premium Money Market: 3.70% (minimum balance $100K)

And PayPal is paying 5.04%: No minimum balance, paid monthly.

I am not endorsing this practice for everyone nor am I endorsing PayPal as a savings institution. But the money is there when I need it rather than funding it through my checking account which pays even less of an APR.

Nothing wrong with leaving a couple G's in there.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my paypal debit card direct debits from my paypal balance and if there is not enough balance direct debit from my checking account and still I get the 1.5% cash back. works good with all the godaddy coupons saves me another .07 cents on domain purchases...adds up over time

garyrcanuck

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a couple of names with GoDaddy, used paypal. I imagine the problem was with paypal? Looks like even the big boys have tech clinches.

Garyrcanuck

zangief

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is with paypal not godaddy , It goes up and down all day and I think godaddy support must be locked with the questions.I don't think it is a permanent situation.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is with paypal not godaddy , It goes up and down all day and I think godaddy support must be locked with the questions.I don't think it is a permanent situation.
Looks like it is still up and down and possibly on both ends.

FINALLY got a response to my email...the infamous 2 hour wait turn into 12...but I would imagine they have been bombarded:

Information Regarding Your Support Request
Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Online Support. We are currently experiencing an issue with the Paypal payment option. We are working to resolve this at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Please let us know if we can help you in any other way.

Sincerely,

Nathan P.
Online Support Technician

my paypal debit card direct debits from my paypal balance and if there is not enough balance direct debit from my checking account and still I get the 1.5% cash back. works good with all the godaddy coupons saves me another .07 cents on domain purchases...adds up over time
hmmm...debit cards aren't bad, no fees, 1.5% back...something to consider.

And A SECOND RESPONSE sent in earlier today:

Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:

Discussion Notes
Support Staff Response
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks you for contacting Online Support.

Currently Godaddy is experiencing issues with the paypal payment system and the option has been temporarily removed. We are currently working to resolve this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.

Best regards,

Frank W.
Online Support Tech

I do appreciate the response and hopefully this will get resolved soon. It has been up and down and on and off for nearly 24 hours now.

I think GoDaddy is having issues as I was not able to log into the account for about 6 hours yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom