Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anti-Spam Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
sure, I also get hundreds of spams on some accounts but I don't care because these are accounts I have solely for the purpose of collecting the portion of spam that can't be avoided. I use them to buy things online, I put some of them on my web sites or on web sites on newly acquired expired domains.

they get spidered by email extractors, and I get spammed, but it doesn't matter. My main addresses are safe and I can use them for better things than collecting spam.

A couple of spam addresses handle 99% of spam for me. I thought everybody was doing the same thing.

If you give out your business email when you sign up for any service on the Net or put it on all your web sites, then you do have a problem when spam starts flooding your account :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mole you said - Yes, SpamKiller is rated the No. 1 pre-inbox filtering software, so that's your best option right now. For inbox filtering, try out the SpamNet at http://www.cloudmark.com It's into Beta 6c and still buggy, but it works for me despite this. You need Outlook 2000 or XP to use this though.

One must be best, which one is it? I will uninstall McAffee if SpamNet is better.

Also, do you think I could run both NUCEM and an Inbox program at the same time?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle ...they get spidered by email extractors, and I get spammed, but it doesn't matter. My main addresses are safe and I can use them for better things than collecting spam. A couple of spam addresses handle 99% of spam for me. I thought everybody was doing the same thing.
If you give out your business email when you sign up for any service on the Net or put it on all your web sites, then you do have a problem when spam starts flooding your account :)

I need to put legitimate email addresses on my websites. I am surprised you can get away with not doing that yourself.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
check your logs and see how many visits of suspicious spiders you see. probably not many. then ask yourself, if there might be another reason for your being spammed, like giving out your business email when buying stuff or signing up for newsletters for example.

M

mole

Originally posted by RealNames
Mole you said - Yes, SpamKiller is rated the No. 1 pre-inbox filtering software, so that's your best option right now. For inbox filtering, try out the SpamNet at http://www.cloudmark.com It's into Beta 6c and still buggy, but it works for me despite this. You need Outlook 2000 or XP to use this though.

One must be best, which one is it? I will uninstall McAffee if SpamNet is better.

Also, do you think I could run both NUCEM and an Inbox program at the same time?

Hi Real,

Run all three suckers :D

I have SpamKiller + SpamNet + Nucem all running at the same time together with my Norton anti-virus scanning each email as it lands into my intray :) Feels like wearing double condoms :)

I just nuked 11 spams, ah, it has been a good day.

I also got this cute response from one of my nukes. It's from Japan.

Dear Sir or Madam

We would like to thank you for your e-mail and we are very sorry being
late this reply.

We've talked with our customer about the infection,
and deal with this problem.
We deeply apologize about it happen.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.
Sincerely yours,

ito

Fighting spam can be fun! :evil:

M

mole

I forgot to mention, I often go into my SpamKiller killed emails and rescue them into my inbox. It gets into my inbox then gets swiped away one by one by SpamNet into my Spam folder. I then go into this folder and nuke them one by one with Nucem ....

Ah, this thing is getting obsessive. Helps get rid of stress :evil:

M

mole

Originally posted by NameBox

Mole,

Any experiece with SpamAssassin's desktop Outlook client? I find that SA works well on the server side, and the desktop solution should be promising.

Also, you mention that SpamKiller is the best current client side solution?! How do you rate it vs. SpamNet and Nucem.

Looking for desktop client that can query multiple pop/imap accounts (on some of my domains), prior (hopefully) to downloading locally.

Thanks!! :)

SpamAssasin? hmm..Never tried box, does it clean my POP before it downloads into the inbox? If so, I might just add that one to the list.

SpamNet is still a filter that works within your inbox, so you see the spam mails disappear one-by-one as it lands. A few stay, and you press the block button to identify the spam to the community.

Nucem is a real nightmare. It is not a filter but it automatically traces and reports the spam directly to the ISPs involved. I once nuked my office mail by mistake. Don't use Nucem if you are drunk :D

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Gee Mole,

How about the rest of us you don't want to run 3 anti spam programs at once? :D

What single program from the bunch would you recommend? :)

edit: just saw your reply above re: Spamnet or Nucem. Thanks!

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SpamAssassin was an open source sourceforge initiative. Very effective on the server side.

The developers have commercialized a desktop client via Deersoft.

Check it out here mole and let me know what you think:

http://www.deersoft.com/home.html

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole Hi Real,Run all three suckers :D I have SpamKiller + SpamNet + Nucem all running at the same time together with my Norton anti-virus scanning each email as it lands into my intray :)Fighting spam can be fun! :evil:

Thanks for the suggestion, I am now doing exactly that, running all 3 of them together!

You are right about it being fun as nuceming them (something I never could easily do before) is really amazing fun to do. This morning could hardly wait to send out the nucems - a very strangely thrilling thing.

Like Clint Eastwood say's "make my day." :D That's how it felt. Yes, I must be nuts enjoying so much getting some revenge against the almost 400 spams on avg I am now getting a day!

A negative I see is all the replies from the ISP's needing deleting and all the nucems sent clog my sent mail folder. Do you know any ways to stop them from going into the sent folder?

Really appreciate your advice and suggestions. Thanks againg Mole.

M

mole

Hi box,

Checked it out, seems like its a client side filter, just like SpamNet which resides within the Outlook program itself.

SpamNet is free, so I think I'll save my $29.99 this time round, but thanks much box :)

SpamNet allows you to "report" spam to the SpamFighters community. That's a little contribution we all can actively make to help each other in the worldwide fight against spam.

M

mole

the almost 400 spams on avg I am now getting a day!

:eek: That's not spam Real, that's an avalanche :eek:

No wonder your SpamKiller slowed down. :eek:

M

mole

Do you know any ways to stop them from going into the sent folder?

Go to the Nucem icon on the taskbar Real. Click, then click on Tools > Option > Delete after delivery.

Helpmesoft will also be releasing future free upgrades to provide the option to stop ISP autoreplies from being sent to your inbox if you wish.

Upgrades are expected once every 4-6 weeks, so be sure to check for upgrades often. These spammers are really sneaky in trying to mask themselves.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey mole,

I actually use SpamAssassin on my servers. Don't use the client side solution, so I agree about the $29.99. BTW, didn't realize that SpamNet was FREE!!! Too bad no trial for NUCEM ... for some its a leap of faith to just "purchase" it without a trial.

M

mole

Originally posted by NameBox
Too bad no trial for NUCEM ... for some its a leap of faith to just "purchase" it without a trial.

Yoh box,

NUCEM is not a toy, its a loaded gun that you can't simply "trial" and nuke all your office mail. It can piss the ISPs off in the hands of a irresponsible kid.

Which is why your cc details are at least a way to ensure that you are a financially sound adult with contactable details :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NameBox Hey mole, I actually use SpamAssassin on my servers. Don't use the client side solution, so I agree about the $29.99. BTW, didn't realize that SpamNet was FREE!!! Too bad no trial for NUCEM ... for some its a leap of faith to just "purchase" it without a trial.

I purch Nucem yesterday and it seems to be working great. Could not be any easier to install and use. Simply click the Icon.

Before it would take forever to figure out the headers and complain, so I rarely bothered. Now it can be done with every spam easily, perhaps too easy as I almost complained about some client correspondence in error.

And thanks Mole for the heads up about the Sent Folder, did not know that capacity was there.

Hopefully they will have a way of auto deleting all the ISP replies too as they are almost as annoying as the spams themselves!

M

mole

This will be included in future versions, Real ;-

An auto reply message from an ISP, informing you of their intention to investigate your complaint. Future versions of NUCEM will move these messages to a ISP response folder so they do not clutter the e-mail users inbox.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Having so much fun with NUCEM. Can't wait for the next Spam to arrive. I am hitting send & receive far too often! Actually am sad if no spam arives each time as the Nuceming of them is so easy and thrilling what with the great feeling of immense power compared to the helplessness before.

Thanks Mole for all the excitement you have added to my life.:D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One big problem with inbox filtering is it sometimes deletes legitimate emails.

It's weird this one was deleted by SpamKiller since it was my order confirmation from NUCEM which by luck I found in the spam folder. It was deleted because it contained the words "not spam" - so Ironic :D

---------------------

Thank you for your order. When you first start to nuke spam, you will receive auto replies from Internet Providers, which indicates they are investigating your complaint. Please do not nuke these messages, as these message are ****not spam**** When you consistently nuke all spam, you will start to see a reduction within two weeks, and a significant reduction within 4 weeks. Please review our FAQ www.helpmesoft.com/products/faq.htm if you
want to learn more. An INVOICE in the amount of $29.95 has been applied to your Mastercard. HelpMeSoft Corporation
http://www.helpmesoft.com

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
It's weird this one was deleted by SpamKiller since it was my order confirmation from NUCEM which by luck I found in the spam folder. It was deleted because it contained the words "not spam" - so Ironic

lmao :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom