Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

AntiSpam Policy & Proactive Email Marketing to End Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggs101

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine recently received a legal complaint and GoDaddy threatened to close his account unless he pays $75 and promises to never sending out unsolicited messages again. For someone that relies exclusively on buying hand-registered domains and selling them for a small profit (via sending emails to businesses), this is a big blow)

I am not sure if the majority of registries allow the sending of commercial-orientated emails to parties that have not given their consent/permission to receive those offers - even if these are individual emails being sent out one at a time. GoDaddy for one do not allow it and have a tight anti spam policy, under point 11 here: https://www.godaddy.com/legal-agreements.aspx
"We do not tolerate the transmission of spam. We define spam as the sending of Unsolicited Commercial Email (UCE), Unsolicited Bulk Email (UBE) or Unsolicited Facsimiles (Fax), which is email or facsimile sent to recipients as an advertisement or otherwise, without first obtaining prior confirmed consent to receive these communications from the sender."

Many domain investors proactively send out emails to companies that feel could benefit from owning their domain names. I'd love to hear your comments/opinions on point and if you know of any registries that allow sending of unsolicited messages, sent 1 by 1 to hand-selected companies.

For domain investors that rely heavily on proactive selling to end users, this is a key point.

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators