Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Any Chinese here? I have a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A client of mine just bought XF.com and we are noticing a lot of Chinese traffic. Does XF have some special meaning in China? The name is getting up to 100 UV daily, and most is from Chinese

Language | Visitors
Chinese | 62
English | 14
Spanish | 1
French | 1
Romanian | 1

http://www.hittracking.com/template.php?a=xfdotcom

Domain Days 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is a http://xf.gov.cn/ users could be typing .com instead of .gov.cn

http://xf.cn/ goes there too, and I have seen other such "xf" sites, but was wondering if xf had any special meaning to them. Anyone from China here that they could explain the why "xf" is so special to the Chinese?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think if you interpret the site you will understand. Looks like Xiang Fan. Don't know what that means, but I'll bet that's the source of your traffic.

duskdawn

DN.CC
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That gov't site is of Xiang Fan, a fair small but ancient city.
so, you never heard of Xiang Fan? And if you did, do they not referr to it as XF at times?
It is just a random initials of Pinyin, and it is not very specific that rings in our ears so it has many possible interpretations. But I assume the traffic is from another site. If the domain has never been owned by Chinese then possibly it is from XF.cn. You can check the visitor IP to find out. It is located at Hubei Province.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Researching this kind of traffic cost you more time (money) than is actual value of the traffic...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well my client has a warehoue business, and we were just wondering where all the traffic is from. If it is from that site, then it is of little use to us, but atleast now we know.

Thanks for all your posts

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've got a few LLLL.com's with all the bad letters, you know, Q,X,Z,J etc and some of them get 25-35 uv a day from China and Japan

Crappy CTR though so I direct them to my sales site hoping that some of those type-ins are people wanting to buy that domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom