Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

ANY Christian Domainers here

Status
Not open for further replies.

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem I have with the bible is that the people who wrote it could have said basically anything. I apologize for the brainwashing comment but I am of the belief that its very ignorant that man thinks he has all (or any) of the answers regarding pre and afterlife and how we came be. We simply will never know. I guess thats why they call it faith but I just can't buy into that the christian idea just happens to be the right one out of the million of other possiblities.

Regardless of if its true or not or what the truth might be, who cares? Be a good person and I can't see any loving "god" want to see someone suffer.
well domaininc it is by faith bro..i know i really never believed but one day i said a small prayer, on superbowl sunday 1987.. and i have never been the same .. now 22 yrs later it's more challanging to have faith because after all the years of prayer and commitment it could become a routine.
thats where faith kicks in.. and the word of God.. and having an open heart to recieve instruction from the word of God...you have to believe!!!!
if you have no belief you have no faith... for example: all your domains if you didnt believe in the monitery return you would'nt be buying and believing in the system... but because you believe in the domaining world you have a sense of faith that what you are doing is right... it the same with theLord when you believe in him you have that sense you are doing the right thing.

Last edited:

XF.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cool thread.
Add me to the list (Christian)

I really respect EVERYONE'S beliefs and opinions.

I am a Christian, and part of being a believer is that we
don't look down with contempt on others with different opinions/beliefs.

Jesus didn't hang out with the rich rulers of the world, he
was healing the sick, the blind and giving redemption to the thieves and whores of the earth (literally).

Regardless of if its true or not or what the truth might be, who cares? Be a good person and I can't see any loving "god" want to see someone suffer.

I respect your thoughts and opinions 100%.

However, if you have read anything on Jewish customs or history, you know that (the belief is) God is a JUST (Fair) God and there absolutely must be a penalty for sin. Customarilly, God demanded a pure lamb to be sacrificed, one without blemish, to offset sin.

This is where Jesus came in.

God decided, once and for all, that there should be ONE perfect, pure sacrifice for the redemption of all mankind.

This sacrifice (of his Son) enables all of us (not just the Jews who are God's chosen people) to be redeemed and freed from sin.

The point?

I understand that a loving and caring God wouldn't want to see any children suffer.

However, we live in a fallen world (we can all agree), and God actually IS JUST AND FAIR, and he demands punishment and justice for sin.

Thankfully, Jesus took the brunt of this punishment and wrath, once and for all.

All anyone has to do, is accept this gift from the Lord.

DOMAINSINC:

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not preaching to you or trying to convert you. ;) :D

I was trying to give you a summary of the foundation of Christianity,
so you could understand why WE feel that a caring God actually would
punish his own people.

I hope everyone keeps the discussion civil.

Everyone is entitled to believe what he/she chooses. :)

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DOMAINSINC:

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not preaching to you or trying to convert you. ;) :D

I was trying to give you a summary of the foundation of Christianity,
so you could understand why WE feel that a caring God actually would
punish his own people.

I hope everyone keeps the discussion civil.

Everyone is entitled to believe what he/she chooses. :)
Oh, I know why people belive that. I went to church every sunday till i was 16. If man was made from gods image, doesn't that mean that god also makes mistakes? And if god can make, mistakes, why does he want to hold people to a higher level than even himself? Why would he want to punish people for simply being what he created them as, human? Any word of god always comes through someone else and to think that these people never put their own slant on things (if the word of god really came through them at all, i mean really..why do certain people become prophets and others are labelled crazy??) but anywho..its a big world and everyone agreed on one idea of how to live, it would be pretty boring I guess.

XF.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK :)

In the words of Ron Burgundy:

Agree to Disagree

:D

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, I know why people belive that. I went to church every sunday till i was 16. If man was made from gods image, doesn't that mean that god also makes mistakes? And if god can make, mistakes, why does he want to hold people to a higher level than even himself? Why would he want to punish people for simply being what he created them as, human? Any word of god always comes through someone else and to think that these people never put their own slant on things (if the word of god really came through them at all, i mean really..why do certain people become prophets and others are labelled crazy??) but anywho..its a big world and everyone agreed on one idea of how to live, it would be pretty boring I guess.

Well, if you are to believe what the bible says I would argue " in His image " would not be the image of sin. There is no sin in God, Adam was made perfectly in God's image to start. It is man that failed, not a built in image of God that existed. The reason Adam/Eve failed is because of God's choice of free will. jmo

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes adam/eve not adam/steve

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion. As a former Pastor/worship leader, just came in to say hey. As a Christian although I believe that Religion as an institution is ruining the true meaning and intent of the Bible, I do identify myself with Christ and would consider myself a follower of him. The institution of church (as a whole) however has burned me. Why is it that Christians so quickly criticize the Pharisees in the Bible but themselves are so eager to embrace the same methodologies?

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
azanmi what up brother... call me...

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I want people to call me too! I love meeting fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!

DMaN

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting discussion. As a former Pastor/worship leader, just came in to say hey. As a Christian although I believe that Religion as an institution is ruining the true meaning and intent of the Bible, I do identify myself with Christ and would consider myself a follower of him. The institution of church (as a whole) however has burned me. Why is it that Christians so quickly criticize the Pharisees in the Bible but themselves are so eager to embrace the same methodologies?

Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast - both physically and spiritually. The Bible is very clear about a way of life that involves love and humility. On it's own and when it's taught without the traditions of men attached to it, many understand God and find common ground throughout the Bible. The problem is that when you start attaching men's doctrines to it to fill up the pews on Sunday morning, you make void the many levels of the Bible.

Suffering is a part of life, and if you blame that on God (or a lack thereof), that's your prerogative to do so, go for it. However, being the leader and founder of a Christian forum myself, one of my favorite verses in Hosea 6:6. God desires love, and not actions. Those actions only come about as love for God, which translates into love for others.

azanmi

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast - both physically and spiritually. The Bible is very clear about a way of life that involves love and humility. On it's own and when it's taught without the traditions of men attached to it, many understand God and find common ground throughout the Bible. The problem is that when you start attaching men's doctrines to it to fill up the pews on Sunday morning, you make void the many levels of the Bible.

Suffering is a part of life, and if you blame that on God (or a lack thereof), that's your prerogative to do so, go for it. However, being the leader and founder of a Christian forum myself, one of my favorite verses in Hosea 6:6. God desires love, and not actions. Those actions only come about as love for God, which translates into love for others.

Well put. I often marvel and the way God purposely uses broken vessels (my fav is 2 cor 4:7-end) to bring his message of hope. thanks for the reminder.

HumDog

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!~ I finally paid for a membership here today. lol

My name is Peter, living in Wyoming and working full time
in open pit coal mine driving a monster 240 ton Coal hauling truck.

I also am going to Bible college via their online courses.

I thought I would add my "Christian" domain names I own.
I would love to see other ones if you guys have some.

(please post for domain appraisals here: http://www.dnforum.com/f4/ )

These names are not for sale yet. How do you put
a value on a "name of God?" LOL One of these
days I will figure it out and sell them!

Hey George my wife is Cuban!

take care everyone!

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeffreyw

Football Club owner
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Marvel, you did the right thing on the membership. Lots of good stuff here to learn.

I have a few God names, and even anti-God names.

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Im Christian and from the Twin Cities... Looking forward to talking with other Christian domainers. -Matt

Jessica320

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!~ I finally paid for a membership here today. lol

Peter

Wow, congrats! I am still gathering funds to upgrade my membership status. Anybody willing to be my sponsor? lol. :D

So heart-warming to see christian domainers here.

Hi, to all. I am Jessica from the Philippines. My brother is a pastor. :)

apachedomains

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I grew up in foster homes and each one had a different religion... so I'm confirmed Catholic, Episcopalian and Lutheran. I'm now leaning more toward spirituality and less on organized "Religion as a Business" which seems to be more common these days.

Speaking of business :)
I have LearnAboutGod.com for sale... looking for 4K ... so feel free to pass this info to others who might be interested. / Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom