Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Any thoughts on sedo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I put some of my names up for sale at Sedo about 3 days ago and one of my names hit the "top 50" list yesterday and it is still climbing.

The name is AutoSpy.com - and though I have listed it here before, I wondered a few things.

One - does anyone have any experience with Sedo (good/bad?) and
Two - what would you say it means for my name (value wise) that on its second day in the list it hit the top 50?

Thanks for any comments :)

Debbie

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
where did you list it? sedo.us or sedo.co.uk?
being in the top 50 means that it gets more hits than most other domains on sedo (less domains at sedo.us than at sedo.co.uk). otherwise i think there are so many domains at sedo (at least at sedo.de) that noone will ever see your name!
best regards
nico

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Nicorlino,

It's listed on Sedo.co.uk. Is this better?

Thanks,

Debbie

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
should be, but i just realized being in sedo.co.uk's top 50 is way easier than being in the german top 50 since sedo.de is much bigger!

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought that once you listed them on the co.uk site, it covered the rest - wrong huh?

Deb

nicorlino

I BUY TRAFFIC NAMES!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
not wrong, but since it's a domain using english as its language it won't cover sedo.de!
best regards
nico

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not sure about the top 50 thing but I know i listed about 5 of my hip hop based names just so they are 'out there' and they were part of only a few names to do with hip hop and then 2 days later after my names had been on the latest submissions list on the homepage that the whole world and their friends had then listed their hip hop names swamping my names in a mess of names.

not sure how this has any relevance but it pissed me off a little and you mentioning sedo reminded me of it.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo's service is very good in my opinion.

Wired

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
re: Sedo, I have had a name come up as high clicks but I never regarded that as significant since the top two clicked names had no meaning or little meaning and they were in English.

re: AutoSpy.com. I read an article last week on the newest technology about cars. They are referring to it as an automobile "black box".
I thought carspy would be a good name for such a device or better yet, Autospy.
The car "black box" is a computer device that will show how many miles were driven, how fast and even GPS inputs(know where you been), just unplug unit from car and into your pc and all the stats will show up. It sounded like it will be marketed initially for parents with teen drivers.

AutoSpy.com; $25k

wired_ww

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This black box sucks :( but the domain is good!

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have listed my domains (about 20) there, but so far no sale.
They are the ones in my sig

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What sucks about Sedo(.de at least) is that they still insist on their paid domain appraisals "service" .Whenever someone tells them that paid appraisals are worthless they try to defend it.
Nothing against defending your business but i just think it misleads newbies which is not what a domain platform should do.
It's just like not telling the truth although everybody knows the truth already.

S

SedoCoUk

Originally posted by debath
Hi all,

I put some of my names up for sale at Sedo about 3 days ago and one of my names hit the "top 50" list yesterday and it is still climbing.

The name is AutoSpy.com - and though I have listed it here before, I wondered a few things.

One - does anyone have any experience with Sedo (good/bad?) and
Two - what would you say it means for my name (value wise) that on its second day in the list it hit the top 50?

Thanks for any comments :)

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Congratulations on getting a name on the HitList!

This can certainly bring a lot of attention to your domain, but unfortunately it doesn't necessarily say anything about the quality of the domain-- just how much traffic it receives.

Since Sedo implemented the Paid Domain Parking Program, a lot of people have parked high-traffic, recently expired domains with us, since they can make quite a bit off of the parking ads even if the domain doesn't sell.

The result is that the "Hit List" has been taken over by recently expired domains with high external traffic, rather than being the domains most visited by people browsing the site.

In the meantime, I've updated the keyword for your parked page to be "Car", which brings you about $.50 per click, so hopefully you will start making a bit of money off of all that traffic coming in!

It is kind of a catchy name, though-- I wish you luck with it!

~Matthew

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Mathew,

Nice to hear you supporting members and your company.
A question for you:
I am located in Netherlands, listed several names at sedo.? , but
all of my names targets US or at least English speaking market.
I see your list is tailored according to country sedo.tld's.
How could I force my names to be considered for appearing in sedo.US top domains?

D

DaniilKharms

I must admit I like Sedo's domain parking, easy to set up and a good way to see the number of hits you get as well as a nice way to make cash

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Matthew,

Thank you very much for your explanations - I really appreciate the fact that you visit here and have replied to my post with relevant information (not to mention a way to make money too!) :).

I noticed that another of my names had some cash amount beside it and I wondered how on earth that happened. I do have a search link for Sedo on another of my sites (domainster.com) and thought maybe it had come from that.

I am going to check out your site again to see if I can find a way to earn even more $$.

Have an excellent day and once again, a big "thank you".

Debbie :)

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First listed on Sedo.co.uk a couple months ago. Just got my first offer this week, which I accepted. I'll have to see how things go from here. I did get a lot more offers off Afternic until they started downsizing and charging $50 to join.

as for autospy, you might be getting some hits based on the new 007 film released this week with people searching the "spy" part of the keyword. Just a speculation.

S

SedoCoUk

Originally posted by options
Hello Mathew,

Nice to hear you supporting members and your company.
A question for you:
I am located in Netherlands, listed several names at sedo.? , but
all of my names targets US or at least English speaking market.
I see your list is tailored according to country sedo.tld's.
How could I force my names to be considered for appearing in sedo.US top domains?

Hi Options,

You probably submitted your names through Sedo.nl-- our Dutch gateway page.

The good news is that domains submitted through ANY site (Sedo.de, Sedo.fr, eSedo.com, etc...) can be found on ALL of the sites-- they share the same database.

However, each site gives preference to domains with matching "language preference". So, Sedo.us and Sedo.co.uk will always list domains with "English" selected as the preferred language at the top. Make sure that you specified English as the language when you submitted your domains, and they will be featured on Sedo.us.

As for getting them in the Top Domains, I have a few suggestions:
1) Of course, the quality of the domains is the most important factor.
2) However, even with quality domains, it sometimes takes something to help our staff notice them. You can bring attention to your names by:
* Getting a lot of traffic sent to them (park them).
* If one of your domains receives bids, or better, a sale.
* Ordering a Showcase or an appraisal.
Ultimately, the Top Domains are "Editorial Discretion", and sometimes we're looking to meet the needs of very specific buyers.

I hope that helps, and good luck!

~Matthew

dotcom

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for that info matthew,

i myself have listed a few just the last few days.

altho i read all the faq's etc, good to read some info as above.

mike

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Updating my first post - another of my names which I redirected only yesterday has now appeared on the Top 50 list as well. That name is iToons.com.

I have owned these names for a number of years so I don't think they're getting "old" traffic and at least it makes me feel good to see them "up in lights" for a while. :)

I think Sedo is excellent. Their site is user friendly, their service is excellent and I am now making money with their parking program (albiet a small amount, but way better than nothing which is what I had before). I recommend the parking to everyone - go do it, it's easy to set up and if your name gets traffic, you'll get some money. :)

Now, I just wait for the offers.

Have a great night everyone,

Debbie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom