Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anybody else have this problem with NameDrive? They lowered my reported revenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Abolutely agree with everything Rikkers says. I've been getting the same results - some domains doing better and some doing worse. If you put in the effort to experiment, it has to be a win-win situation as you can maximise your revenue by spreading domains across the 2 programmes.

Stephen.

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rikkers said:
If you are not prepared to take that chance then stay where you are, but if you do change & it doesn't work out then hey, you're a little poorer & a lot wiser :wink:
As stated, I for one take responsibility. However when you are directly emailed by the company - promising in a roundabout way, of "expected" revenues, of course you are going to be receptive to this personalized spam. "Hey, we make no promises, but let's just say everyone who has left Sedo is happy." d:) Come on, need I break out the clue stick.

In any case, I'm hardly hurt from this. It's just the principle. To have truths stretched/manipulated, in efforts of someone getting a commission - ahh, it boils my blood. Be upfront to lure me in, if you can't compete with my current PPC - let it go, head elsewhere for a client. But I need steady performance here. I even went through a run down of minimum ppc/threshold needed to BEAT my current provider. I'LL REITERATE THIS ONCE MORE (lol, no I'm not angry, I just want my point read) - Before moving to their service, I established my current min CPC with Sedo/Keywords, etc - Even withstanding the evidence seen from other NameDrive accounts, I was still ENCOURAGED to join.

Additionally Rikkers - the 48-hour NameDrive wait/lure is very unfair. Making your statements a bit pretentious/evading the fact, you have to sacrifice double/if not triple the time, to establish a fair comprehensive test of their service. Meaning yes, if I went to DS for three days, and lost revenue - I'd agree wholeheartedly with you. But in NameDrive's case, you stay for three days, you have to keep it their six days before you can make any judgment. You need two days of testing before you can even do a DNS jump. But what if that first day was a "fluke". Now you are suddenly waiting four days. Turns out on the second day, you get good numbers, you keep for the third day stats (six days by now) and so on and so forth. So basically I, among others, were sitting like bait on a lure - waiting for this *MAGICAL UNHEARD OF CPC*. That we all dream about, and have little DNForum parties and throw cotton candy at each others nak...I'm going off topic here, point is - I am "prepared" to try them out and accept a loss - But on my own terms. If I'm emailed, you sure as hell better live up to your word. Because that's a bold move, that measure of confidence shows you are prepared to outdo your competitior - otherwise enter into a shizit storm.

^So long diatribe long, lol, that was somewhat unfair comparison Rikkers.

Re: NameDrive, it seems clear at this point. They are good, for erratic high paying clicks, for those who are use to $.08 cpc. I *personally* don't like the thousands of low clicks, give a dog a bone business model though. :cheeky:

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MJM said:
As stated, I for one take responsibility. However when you are directly emailed by the company - promising in a roundabout way, of "expected" revenues, of course you are going to be receptive to this personalized spam. "Hey, we make no promises, but let's just say everyone who has left Sedo is happy." d:) Come on, need I break out the clue stick.

In any case, I'm hardly hurt from this. It's just the principle. To have truths stretched/manipulated, in efforts of someone getting a commission - ahh, it boils my blood. Be upfront to lure me in, if you can't compete with my current PPC - let it go, head elsewhere for a client. But I need steady performance here. I even went through a run down of minimum ppc/threshold needed to BEAT my current provider. I'LL REITERATE THIS ONCE MORE (lol, no I'm not angry, I just want my point read) - Before moving to their service, I established my current min CPC with Sedo/Keywords, etc - Even withstanding the evidence seen from other NameDrive accounts, I was still ENCOURAGED to join.

Additionally Rikkers - the 48-hour NameDrive wait/lure is very unfair. Making your statements a bit pretentious/evading the fact, you have to sacrifice double/if not triple the time, to establish a fair comprehensive test of their service. Meaning yes, if I went to DS for three days, and lost revenue - I'd agree wholeheartedly with you. But in NameDrive's case, you stay for three days, you have to keep it their six days before you can make any judgment. You need two days of testing before you can even do a DNS jump. But what if that first day was a "fluke". Now you are suddenly waiting four days. Turns out on the second day, you get good numbers, you keep for the third day stats (six days by now) and so on and so forth. So basically I, among others, were sitting like bait on a lure - waiting for this *MAGICAL UNHEARD OF CPC*. That we all dream about, and have little DNForum parties and throw cotton candy at each others nak...I'm going off topic here, point is - I am "prepared" to try them out and accept a loss - But on my own terms. If I'm emailed, you sure as hell better live up to your word. Because that's a bold move, that measure of confidence shows you are prepared to outdo your competitior - otherwise enter into a shizit storm.

^So long diatribe long, lol, that was somewhat unfair comparison Rikkers.

Re: NameDrive, it seems clear at this point. They are good, for erratic high paying clicks, for those who are use to $.08 cpc. I *personally* don't like the thousands of low clicks, give a dog a bone business model though. :cheeky:

I dont see your problem, If you dont like namedrive move your domain(s).

Why complain? you tried it out(nobody forced you) and it didn't work to your advantage, not everyone is a winner, they beat sedo for me and other people.

Anyway...Keep up the good work ND :)

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At any rate. I don't want people fighting back and forth on here. We aim to provide a service which is fair and fruitful for all. However, all programs have their fans and non-fans and I don't really think people need to get involved on here.
The MJM thing was handled poorly from our side and I have apologised to him for that and it is a pity that we under-performed for his domians. I thnk we can all agree that we are better for some and worse for others. I certainly don't want to instigate any bickering and I don't think it really helps anyone...

Try us out. If we perform. Exceellent. If we don't, we don't. We may in the future, but that doesn't mean you have to stay with us at the moment. We have some people with 3,000 names, we have some people with 3 names. Swings and roundabouts. Like I said, it's a big shame what happened with MJM but I don't think that should affect the way the rest of you try us out.

Have a good week.

Ed

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameDriver said:
Hi guys,

"the astronomically high expectations of US parkers and their apparent delight in smacking any program down before having a chance to prove itself"..........................
"However, if people test two low-performance domains from elsewhere, it is hard to see how we can really help them to perform if other companies are also unable to do so."

Thank you.

Ed

Ed, these are the statements you made that my posts in this thread take you to task on , they were challenging statements , I took the challenge and posted the results, you seem to have taken offense to it , sorry for that but again my posts were not to bash namedrive , just reporting facts, I have left the other 25 or so lower and mid traffic domains with you because they fall into the "one third of each" overall catagory mentioned here in the thread, I think ND has a brite future and hope improvements are made in some areas to make it even better.

SuperBrandables

SuperBrandables.Com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ND has out performed other services for me so far. I have around 300 of my names there that were doing very little if anything at Fab, Sedo and "zero" here are DNF's own PPC site. Most are doing "a little better" at ND so far.

There were also a few that did better at other services, so I moved them back. I don't think there is anyone that can truly explain why this is, yet! There is a need for much better tracking technology in this business.

Like everything else, this is hard work. Monitoring, optimizing, and, yes, sometimes moving the domains around is part of the job. It comes with the territory. It's up to domain owners to find the best parking sites for their domains, and hope for better technology.

Regards,

SLushie

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wish I were seeing the performance you are dotfrog.com. I moved a number of domains from DS and Sedo over to NameDrive at this point they are underperfoming, some of the clicks are higher, but in the end it doesn't balance out in favor of ND. I'll give it a little more time due to the 2 day delay in stats (which I have to say is hard to deal with)....time and revenue will tell

MJM

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time (day, if not longer, lol) sure does heal all wounds because I honestly do not even care. I'm glad to hear from NameDrive hopefuls, I hope they continue to do well.

More parking providers > more competition amongst one another > higher percentages overall for publishers/domainers.

Cheers to Ed and NameDrive, honestly. Continued success...

(Mentality is back to normal, seeing my usual Revenue figures)

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well I can personally vouch for Ed and the domains that I have at namedrive out perform all other parking programs. I am open and honest with all my domains and am happy to have my traffic scrutinised by anyone...

Parking Programs Come and Go and some treat you bad while most treat you like an over bearing customer. However in my experience NameDrive, SEDO, ParkingSite and Fabulous actually take the time to get to know its customers, even the annoying ones like me. I am forever giving them a hard time and stamping ones feet, but I feel that that is my calling in life.

Now I have tried all the parking programs worth trying.. and I have learned that just because 1 or 2 domains do not perform better does not mean that overall all your domains will perform badly.

I tested 1000 domains with NameDrive and some performed less than another parking program I use frequently, but some performed much better. At the end of the trial Overall the collective domains performed better than 2 of the top programs I use. This is the reason why there are so many conflicting stories about namedrive I think, people are trying just a couple of domains at a time.. some are performing better and some worse.

I think its fair to say you will only get an accurate result if you test all your domains over a period of time than just testing one or two domains for a week or two.

Also it is worth considering that its not all about the bottom line.. Sometimes its about the value added Services and Ease of use.. All the aforementioned programs have there niche's. gimmicks and benefits.. domain parking is not about short term gains.. its about building a sustainable revenue and that takes time.

I would suggest trying them all and then negotiate with them until you get a package that suits you and remember to get it all in writing.

Choosing a parking program is analogous to choosing a financial advisor or stock broker.. there will be promises of huge returns on investments and claims of having better deals with third parties.. Go with what makes you feel confortable, and who has proven to perform better, both in long term revenue and customer service.

Edwin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My experience with ND so far has been very positive. I've moved 1600 .co.uk domains over to them and have had them parked there almost since the first day they launched.

Some of my domains have been great, others have floundered a bit compared to the previous parking (Sedo) but overall, treating my portfolio as a "black box" and looking at the resultant $ output, ND has outperformed all the previous networks I've tried.

I can also see that there are progressive improvements being made - not every day, but several times in the last few weeks - that are gradually extracting more clicks and therefore revenue from the same traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom