Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

anybody still doing good at ND ? - my revenue results STINK !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is pretty frustrating really. I have had a few emails from clients saying "man, my earnings are down at the moment", but if I look back and compare PPC and RPM and CTR on the accounts, everything is up on previous months. On the accounts I've looked at, it is simply the traffic which is down. Obviously, there's little we can do if everybody is in the Bahamas at the moment :) I can't say this is the case for everybody, but it certainly seems to be the case for many of the accounts I've looked into.
Seriously, though. Summer is a lovely time for the beach, but not a nice time for the PPC industry. The prices will come back. When the leaves are falling, you'll see the earnings rising.
Hmm, maybe I should trademark that phrase.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Ed

commandercody

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It did'nt effect me much my 30 domains make about .03 cents a month and still do :), does seem a little weird there is no real transparency in the parking business. You can go to ovt and get some top bids but what does that really mean. It's taking a real shot in the dark everytime you park your domains somewhere else. It would be nice if someone created a table for which parking pays best for what keywords. Now there's a page that would get a lot of visitors. I guess the advertisers have a lot to do with it too, they can change their bids too.

You could end up with the feeling that someone sitting in the big chair just felt like skimming a little off the top and though no-one would notice, chances are with no transparency they would'nt

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
there is no real transparency in the parking business.

Good point, though it doesn't usually keep me awake at night, as long as my earnings seem acceptable.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It did'nt effect me much my 30 domains make about .03 cents a month and still do :), does seem a little weird there is no real transparency in the parking business. You can go to ovt and get some top bids but what does that really mean. It's taking a real shot in the dark everytime you park your domains somewhere else. It would be nice if someone created a table for which parking pays best for what keywords. Now there's a page that would get a lot of visitors. I guess the advertisers have a lot to do with it too, they can change their bids too.

If your 30 names get about 1 visit per day combined, than $0.03 per month is fine. Domain volume means NOTHING in this whole equation - I wish people would stop using it to measure their portfolios.

If you don't like one provider, try your domains at another one. There are certainly enough reputable ones out there you can try.

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's right.. That's something for people who are new to the parking business to learn and take note of. You have to keep changing and playing around with keywords, templates and providers till you find one that works.

maxo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I do not know about others, but my RPC dropped approximately from 0.12 to 0.06, but actually I can't blame ND, they can't do anything, if advertisers do not make higher bids

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
but actually I can't blame ND

so you haven't yet seen Ed's new place in the bahamas :laugh:

so much for the skimming off theory.

seriously - my revenue is recovering again, and I think Ed deserves a beachfront bungalow, or whatever he wants.

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Cheer up ! :wubpink:

" It takes all sorts to make world.", "So many men, so many minds!"

Hi guys,

This is pretty frustrating really. I have had a few emails from clients saying "man, my earnings are down at the moment", but if I look back and compare PPC and RPM and CTR on the accounts, everything is up on previous months. On the accounts I've looked at, it is simply the traffic which is down. Obviously, there's little we can do if everybody is in the Bahamas at the moment :) I can't say this is the case for everybody, but it certainly seems to be the case for many of the accounts I've looked into.
Seriously, though. Summer is a lovely time for the beach, but not a nice time for the PPC industry. The prices will come back. When the leaves are falling, you'll see the earnings rising.
Hmm, maybe I should trademark that phrase.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom