Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone going this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So my buddy Crystal and I are going and I think we might check out Mike Mann's pad since I was invited. Should be a great time to get into the lingo. We are staying at the Grand Hyatt Wash. DC

Anyone else going, I'll wear my cowboy hat and New Balance shoes and a polo shirt with my logo on it so if you recognize me, say hi. I might buy you a beer or a drink of your choice! Or at least talk to you :)

I am super excited!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think I am going.

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
so close, be crazy for you not to show, eh?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Watch out for thieves and scammers Patty... If you haven't been to DC before, it's like a Garden Oasis in the middle of a toilet bowl that's never been flushed.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Watch out for thieves and scammers Patty... If you haven't been to DC before, it's like a Garden Oasis in the middle of a toilet bowl that's never been flushed.

Are you for real? Sometimes it is good to turn off the media and live.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Are you for real? Sometimes it is good to turn off the media and live.

I went there a few years ago so I'm speaking from experience.... Outside the tourists areas, you'll need full body armour to get around. I shouldn't have to tell you this, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

You cant even walk the streets at night, You would think this would be the safest city in America, but it's FAR from it.

-------------------------

To answer Patty's question; I was planning on attending this year, thinking it would be held on the West coast, but I really dont want to travel that far.

Last edited:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went there a few years ago so I'm speaking from experience.... Outside the tourists areas, you'll need full body armour to get around. I shouldn't have to tell you this, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

You cant even walk the streets at night, You would think this would be the safest city in America, but it's FAR from it.

-------------------------

To answer Patty's question; I was planning on attending this year, thinking it would be held on the West coast, but I really dont want to travel that far.

Being scared is an awful way to live. I feel sorry for you.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that's a really nice logo you have patty, but it needs to be bigger so people can read tagline. also in firefox it's not sharp. a little fuzzy. normally everything crystal clear. maybe rejig it?
great design layout though

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

Not scared at all, I dont where you got that idea... I'm just warning others what a hell hole Washington DC is.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not scared at all, I dont where you got that idea... I'm just warning others what a hell hole Washington DC is.

you were in all the wrong areas apparently

there is plenty of NICE places there

i was just in georgetown last week and i made it out alive :yes:

now LA... whole different story :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
you were in all the wrong areas apparently

there is plenty of NICE places there

i was just in georgetown last week and i made it out alive :yes:

now LA... whole different story :)

I never said it was ALL bad, I think the South East is the worst of it though.

And I dont live in LA, I live closer to Mission Viejo, which is ranked 4th safest city in America.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

If you haven't noticed by now....this woman has a lot of negativity in all her posts. That's what happens when you tell people on a forum you've been raped and assaulted all your life.

It doesn't help being under 5 feet either.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If you haven't noticed by now....this woman has a lot of negativity in all her posts. That's what happens when you tell people on a forum you've been raped and assaulted all your life.

It doesn't help being under 5 feet either.

Raped and assaulted all my life? :lol: Now your really getting desperate Investor.... Are you upset because you haven't sold any of your crappy dot CA's lately? Names like doctortooth.ca? :lol:

Oh I forgot, you don't own any names that are worth less than 5K.. :pound: I almost fell out of my chair when you posted that one.

Cant afford any generic dot com's? Maybe you can attend the convention in DC and learn how to make some real money, And NO, I'm not talking about filpping a CA for double the reg fee, I'm talking about actually making money, something you know nothing about.

I think it's time you change your name little boy.

How about "The Loser" ?

LMAO

Justin Hulsey

Those Damn Hippies
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great you guys took this thread and totally blew it. Now it's going to go into the dump with the rest of them when a mod comes along.

And for the record, no.. I won't be attending.

DomainBELL

DomainBELL.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Patty... have fun at the event...
(and whoever else attends)

Tell us all about it when you get back...

Where's this logo you are going to have on your shirt ??

I must have overlooked the link - somewhere....

~Patricia K. -- DomainBELL

democrat

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
wow guys... that was uncalled for ... Raider is right, caution needs to be exercised at all times and I believe Raider feels the need to remind because she wants me to be carefree but at the same time cautious of the unknown. I thank her for being concerned for me and those around her.

domainbell, my logo is on the site..

I will be bringing the logo out more so its tagline and such show up.

thanks everyone!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider is right, caution needs to be exercised at all times and I believe Raider feels the need to remind because she wants me to be carefree but at the same time cautious of the unknown. I thank her for being concerned for me and those around her.

For real? Did you read Raiders posts? The posts were bashing Washington DC with little or no knowledge of the city or surrounding areas...except for :

I went there a few years ago so I'm speaking from experience....
Wow - let's write a city guide.

Here's the bashing if you missed it:

Outside the tourists areas, you'll need full body armour to get around.

I'm just warning others what a hell hole Washington DC is.

Now I do not know what people are talking about with Raider being abused or raped and I would hope nothing like that has happened to her...and if something happened to her in DC (or anywhere else) - that is awful.

But Patty, you will love Washington DC and you can go outside of 'tourist areas' with nothing to fear. I have lived and worked in the DC Metro area for 3/4 of my life and it is a great area full of cultural diversity and great people.

The reality is if you are out turning tricks or looking to score some smack - you may want to heed Raider's advice on body armour (which can be said for just about any city)...but if you are in town to attend the Domain roundtable and enjoy what the city has to offer even out side of the monuments...you will have a blast and will have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Holy shit its like watching a live soap opera.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
For real? Did you read Raiders posts? The posts were bashing Washington DC with little or no knowledge of the city or surrounding areas...

Like I said before, I was there.... You may have more knowledge than I do of the area since you live there, but my opinion is not biased like yours is.

I remember we visited the Capital, The WhiteHouse (tour was closed that day) Lincoln Memorial, Washington Monument, Supreme Court, Smithsonian Museum, National Zoo and the Bureau of Engraving & Printing... We walked all around, and if you looked to the side or behind many of these beautiful buildings, it looked like the ghetto.... NO exaggeration.

I was even scammed by a guy asking to change a 20, and this happened in the hotel parking lot... Everyone knows Tourist's are a easy target, and I think it's more so in DC... Hopefully Patty and other attendees wont be victim to this sort of thing.

No need to get all offended Onward, I'm just telling it like it is.

Wow - let's write a city guide.

We already have City guides and Tourist books that publish FAR more warnings than I noted here, So why not contact them and accuse them of "Bashing" too OK?

I believe Raider feels the need to remind because she wants me to be carefree but at the same time cautious of the unknown. I thank her for being concerned for me and those around her.

Your right and your very welcome Patty.... I hope you have a great trip, DRT put's out a great convention, and at a fraction of the price of TRAFFIC... I'm sure you'll have a blast.. Please report back OK?

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I never said it was ALL bad, I think the South East is the worst of it though.

And I dont live in LA, I live closer to Mission Viejo, which is ranked 4th safest city in America.

How close are you to Ladera Ranch (Crown Valley between the 5 Freeway and Antonio Parkway)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom