Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone had an email from this guy before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Recieved this in my inbox today, anyone had an email from this guy before? Is he ligit or just wasting time?

========================================
To Whom It May Concern,

I'm interested in your domain name listed for sale.

Can you drop me your desired price?

If I can afford it I'll reply.

By the way, did you receive offers from other buyers?

I run a software development company. Selling & buying names is not my main business. Just another way to invest money and make additional income.

Please keep our correspondence confidential.

Best regards,

Robert Montoya

Ph. D. President

ToughGuys Software Consulting & Development

============================================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.

===========================================================================

mpadc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ya got that too turned out to be a scam

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I always play along till the end....I threatened this guy/gal with the FBI for fraud and decietful business practices....and I got an email back saying this was a marketing test, blah blah blah, funny thing is I cant find the scam/angle here..unless this person is being paid a flat fee to market these services by all the top appraisal companies you never end up at an affiliate link, etc.. Basically you reply back with ANY price and they say.. "OK, but I need a professional appraisal done, yada yada...." and then you end up on a forum page with links to sedo and some other companies that provide it..all seems very legit but there will NEVER be a deal or sale....waste of time and resources by some knucklehead out there we probably all know and can't figure it out...this toughguy.net offers some email "masking" service or something and you can never figure out who is behind it all, I have played this game on like 15 domains so far..lol, and cyber detectives in here know anything more?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, you could spend your time and money trying to track down these people...and expose their stupid plans...

or you could just delete the email and move on...

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Delete it and don't waste your time.

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i got cheated and finally order an apprisal which i dont know what to use for ..LOL.
But im still playing around with him know:)

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
yes, you could spend your time and money trying to track down these people...and expose their stupid plans...

or you could just delete the email and move on...

I must commend you GT, a very wise and intelligent answer. Seriously....the best thing to do...MOVE ON :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom