Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Registrar refusing transfer and suspented my account

mp1981

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a domain name with registryweb.com 16 years ago.
registryweb.com became all of these websites (at the same time) csl-registrar.com, system-notices.com and onlineassetbrokers.com (I am getting emails to renew and access the domain details from all 3 of these websites).

I wanted to transfer the domain out of this registrar this month and logged into each of the above websites and could not find a way to get my auth code.

I then contacted joker.com and they said that this is a reseller and I have to deal with them directly. Joker.com provided the email address info@domain-support-team.com for me to reach out to them (another website to add to the 3 above).

I contacted them, they simply emailed me my username and password to log into one of the above websites.

I finally found a page to "Cancel services" under their management panel, and the domain cancellation costs $59 US.

I found the following link on ICANN's website https://www.icann.org/resources/pag... called,registrant or registered name holder).

It clearly states the following:

My registrar is charging me a fee to transfer to a new registrar. Is this allowed?
Yes. Registrars are allowed to set their own prices for this service so some may choose to charge a fee. However, a transfer cannot be denied due to non-payment of this transfer fee. There are other reasons your registrar can deny transfer request. See FAQ #8 above for more information.

I wrote an email to info@domain-support-team.com with the above details and I indicated that I ask them to provide me with auth codes for my domain name or I will be forced to submit a transfer complaint form to ICANN (https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form). Please note this was my 3rd attempt to get my auth code as I had tried reaching out to them already through their contact form two times.

This was my email:

Hello,

After digging through your management panel I find there is a way to "cancel services", ie, a way for me transfer my domain name.

You ask for a fee of $59 for this.

According to ICANN terms and conditions: https://www.icann.org/resources/pag... called,registrant or registered name holder).

My registrar is charging me a fee to transfer to a new registrar. Is this allowed?

Yes. Registrars are allowed to set their own prices for this service so some may choose to charge a fee. However, a transfer cannot be denied due to non-payment of this transfer fee. There are other reasons your registrar can deny transfer request. See FAQ #8 above for more information.
Please unlock the domain name and provide me with the auth code so I can transfer my domain name.

If my domain name is not unlocked I will unfortunately be forced to submit a formal transfer complaint to ICANN https://forms.icann.org/en/resources/compliance/complaints/transfer/form and make a formal complaint to joker.com.

Thank you,

They replied with the following:

Dear Customer,

We’re sorry our Customer Contract doesn’t allow us to respond to abusive or threatening messages. We regret to advise that this account has now been suspended for violations of our Contract.

Regards,

Brokerage Services

They have now deleted my account, I am unable to login, and now I see that my domain has been pushed to On-hold (redemption Period) for deletion even though it expires in September 2020.

Can anyone help me with this please?

Domain summit 2024

mp1981

Reaction score
A quick reply to this. I reached out to joker.com via Twitter @jokercom and they pointed me to redeeming the domain name through their redemption form. The issue is now resolved though I will leave the above post here for others to be warned about the reseller with 4 websites. Stellar service from joker.com however!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

glad you got it resolved.

imo...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators