Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

moniker Anyone know someone at Moniker ?

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Moniker.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So i sold this domain at another forum same paypal *shit* i know i know but he had good trader rating so i thought it was fine.....as it was a small sale ..... anyone know someone at moniker who can help me get the domain back ?

Ehsan

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks exxe and JM, i have already emailed Bari and few other moniker reps so whoever gets to read it first although i'l send Bari and Monty a PM too !

exxe

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're welcome! However, maybe you should send only 1 PM/email, not to all of their staff.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not share more info ...maybe save someone else from your pain???

:yo:

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well it was not on DNF it was another forum DigitalPoint. i sold this domain and he sends me the payment and i push him the domain next morning i wake up paypal is limited due to that and i have to refund it....and now i don't have the domain or payment ! and now just trying to get the domain back !

JayB

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Contact PayPal > Moniker with PayPal screenshots, any emails and whois of domain.

Hope this helps.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip JMDomains, PayPal wont do anything as they dont deal with virtual products but i have taken screenshot of the transaction which shows reversal of payment will email them to moniker guys !

and Draggar yea i have PM and emailed JrzyGirl (Bari ) but got an auto reply that she is at Traffic Conference and will be back on 4th May

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks James i will email them too , just got reply from their support and they say:
Because of the way that the domain name was pushed to the other account we cannot move the domain name from the current account holder.

Your option at this moment is to contact the authorities on this issue.
what's wrong with the way it was pushed to make things easier i even included a comment that i was selling this domain via paypal to this user in case something like this happened and when it has they seem to be unable to help...i have replied them with a paypal transaction screen shot to see if they can reconsider if that doesnt work i will email the legal team over at moniker !

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Because of the way that the domain name was pushed to the other account we cannot move the domain name from the current account holder.

Your option at this moment is to contact the authorities on this issue.

Interesting, I was not aware there were different ways to push a domain. Curious what the way is that one can push a domain that would enable them to move the domain back in such a case.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let us know how this ends up. It is a shame that there are buyers like this out there and yet no protection for the seller.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is why everyone should use Moniker’s SECURE escrow services!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've always wondered if Moniker charged the $50 for a $1 domain sale.

Domain Sale Price in US Dollars Basic Escrow Fees in US Dollars
$1 - $500.99 $50

TSD

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is why everyone should use Moniker’s SECURE escrow services!

So what is the "way" to push a domain where this could be corrected or was that statement meant to refer to if your escrow service had been used it could have been prevented.

BTW, not everyone can use your escrow service as your site states it is not available to those of us in California.

jrzeygirl

Best Customer Support
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what is the "way" to push a domain where this could be corrected or was that statement meant to refer to if your escrow service had been used it could have been prevented.

BTW, not everyone can use your escrow service as your site states it is not available to those of us in California.

Hey TSD

I don't believe this issue was about pushing. Pushing from one Moniker account to another Moniker account is quite easy. The issue he had was a sale gone bad using PayPal.

I'm sorry - your're right. Not everyone is able to take advantage of Moniker's secure escrow services. (California residents)

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ehsan, call and speak to someone. Their email support is useless most of the time. It is hard to believe that even with proof of the disputed payment, Moniker will not assist in getting your domain back. Even Godaddy has helped in situations like these! Even without a SECURE escrow.

I believe this is why registrar's have the 60 day rule to transfer out after a push incase of situations like these and others where domains are stolen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom