Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Anyone used Namerenters.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I didn't record my stat so I can't tell if their payment is accurate. They probably only pay for unique IPs??

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 888
I didn't record my stat so I can't tell if their payment is accurate. They probably only pay for unique IPs??

Oh ... you might be right.
I thought that they has been eliminated in realtime statistics.
However, it doesn't seem that they do.
It's a little bit bother to check it because nameRENTers blocks access to target sites from Japan.
Anyway, statistics reports are just illusion :sad:

Thank you

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think they block sites by location? I found out that after I logon NameRenters, I couldn't view my sites saying my IP is blocked. You could probably use a different IP and do not logon NameRenters, see if you could view your site.

Another thing I notice is their add domain window is buggy. If I add the domains line by line in bulk, all domains are added but only the last domain (domain3.com) is tracked. Seems like they added the <Return> character to the domains and screwed up.
domain1.com<Return>
domain2.com<Return>
domain3.com

So at last I added 100 domains one by one :upset:. I only notice this very recently, don't know if it has to do with my browser. You could test if this affects you by adding two identical domains, see if it comes up twice.
domain1.com<Return>
domain1.com

mohno

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 888
I don't think they block sites by location? I found out that after I logon NameRenters, I couldn't view my sites saying my IP is blocked. You could probably use a different IP and do not logon NameRenters, see if you could view your site.

I couldn't see http://www.letterbomb.com/ :), for example.
I heard that someone in Japan could see it so the block is imcompletion.

Yes, I also met bugs in adding domains in bulk. The behaviour looks a little bit different from your explanation. They don't check duplication as I see.
Anyway, they should improve their system soon.
Otherwise, I should move alternative service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom