Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

AOL cancellation policy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Julio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard the audio clip a few days ago and today it was on the radio news station.

AOL has fired the REP!

demo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I went through a similar experience back in 98 when I tried to quit AOL. It is hard for me to believe the service still has members.

There is no where on the site where you can go and just press a CANCEL SERVICE button... They make you speak with an account rep who has all your usage stats and personal info - creepy!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL too funny. When I do it I just tell them I am moving to the jungle and will not have a computer.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone should call AOL to cancel an account (while recording the call), and when they ask why tell them you've been accused of picking up young kids for sex in using the AOL account, and will be too busy with the trial to use AOL. The "let's keep you as a customer" pleading by AOL to keep a pedo online should be priceless!

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
JuniperPark said:
Someone should call AOL to cancel an account (while recording the call), and when they ask why tell them you've been accused of picking up young kids for sex in using the AOL account, and will be too busy with the trial to use AOL. The "let's keep you as a customer" pleading by AOL to keep a pedo online should be priceless!

Agreed :)

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
About twice a year my Adelphia High Speed access goes down for a few hours. I usually plug in a free AOL offer at that time. I always end up cancelling within a month or two. I will never do it again...I'll just go to an Internet Cafe next time.

I called to cancel two nights ago and got disconnected twice after selecting the cancel account prompt. Then, the only way to get an operator was to select another unrelated prompt, which led me to a live person but the wrong department. She said she would transfer me to the correct department so I told her that it better go through.

I reached the live operator to cancel and he started giving me the speech....do you have high speed access, do you have security...on and on. After stopping him politely numerous times, and answering verification questions again, he said that he had to put me on hold in order to delete the account. I was on hold for a legitmate three or four minutes, and most people would have said fifteen minutes because that it was it seemed like. The guy finally came back and told me that it was done....I then made sure I wrote down the confirmation number and had to wait through another cancellation recording/sales pitch saying they were sorry to see me go...had to make sure it was official.

Probably about 45 minutes from start to finish. It won't ever happen again.

Happy Motoring AOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom