Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

API For Snap Names Resellers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just recieved an e-mail from Snap Names today saying that they will soon offer an API for their back ordering service to their resellers. Judging from that, I don't think they anticipate the WLS to kick in any time soon; if ever. Have I missed something or?

"A Message from SnapNames Vice-president of Business Development
Greetings to our friends and partners among the reseller community!

Here at SnapNames, we’ve focused for some time on our friends among the registries and registrars, all while developing relationships that we hoped would one day be mutually profitable with the real engines of domain sales, the resellers. Now we’d like to better understand how your business works and how we can better work to ensure your own satisfaction – and your success.

As you may know, we now offer an API by which our partners can offer all of our current services, as well as upcoming services still in QA, on a private-label basis. Partners would never have to send a customer off their sites, and would book all of the top-line retail-price revenue. We will be able to offer this API to resellers soon, but even then the resellers would of course need to have a relationship with a registrar to fulfill the registrations.

In order to get this API to resellers like you, we’d like to understand a little about you. We would be quite grateful, and better able to help you, if you would please take a moment to answer these simple questions.

1. Who is the registrar that provides you with registration services? (List all if more than one)

2. In what ways are you satisfied or dissatisfied with this registrar?

3. How many new domain names do you sell in COM, NET, and ORG per month, in total (not including incoming transfers)? (For our purposes, a large number is not necessarily better than a smaller one, so please try to be conservative if in doubt).

4. How many in BIZ, INFO, and NAME, respectively?

5. Please check which, if any, of the following services you’d be interested in offering through an API under your own brand:

a. _____Back-ordering for COM, NET, ORG at $30-34.50 wholesale

b. _____WLS (VeriSign’s back-ordering or Wait-Listing Service) for COM, NET at $24+ wholesale

c. _____Back-ordering on BIZ, INFO, and NAME at prices to be determined (cross out or delete TLDs any you’re not interested in)

d. _____Back-ordering on Major ccTLDs. If so, which:______________________

e. _____Whois and nameserver monitoring and notification services at $5 wholesale

f. _____Alerts on domain name availability and back-order/WLS availability leading to purchases of same (free to you

6. If you were ever to become a registrar, would you be interested in using SnapNames’ quality registrar software if it came with the lowest price in the industry? (We get our value from other relationships with our registrar partners, and so do not need to charge them much for the software itself)

7. If your own registrar(s) (listed in response to question 1) were not planning to offer the API with SnapNames services to you, would you require assistance in finding a registrar who was?

8. Would insider information on the business of the industry be of use to you? For example, if a deleting-name company like LocalWhois or WhoisPilot, or a small registrar were looking for a buyer or a registrar had exciting new offerings for resellers, would you be interested in receiving such business-related updates

9. Please let us know any other comments or suggestions you may have!

You may either type your answers directly onto this survey and fax or email it back to us, or simply write your responses into the survey and fax it to us. Our fax number is (503) 274-9749.

From all of us here at SnapNames, we thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Cameron Powell
SnapNames

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If they sent me a crisp C-note for my time, I might answer half of those long-winded questions!!

:cool:

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
LOL It was a rather long e-mail they sent out. I got dizzy before I had reached the actual questions they wanted you to answer :)
(I did not attach the whole e-mail they sent me)

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
And, hey, does anybody know if this Powell of Portland Snap fame has any relation to Powell of the infamous Powell Books of Portland??

:cool:

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Beats me. I'm clueless on that one :)

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Powell's Books is owned by Michael Powell. I doubt there's
any relationship.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wasn't Homer Simpson's half-brother named Herbert Powell? Relation? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators