Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appraisal Companies -- Please Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timothymevans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Experts and those who have had experience in selling domains:

I have had several offers on names that I own (see below) and wanted to know your experience on the best appraisal companies (not autogenerated appraisals either).

GregJennings.com (2,300+ searches in September '06 in Overture's KST)
AthleteRealEstate.com
MutualFundUniversity.com

The offers for GregJennings.com ranged from $200 to $2500 but I haven't accepted any yet. I did get an appraisal from AllForDomains.com (not sure if that was a good thing or bad thing). Here is the appraisal link:

http://www.AllForDomains.com/appraisal.asp?Domain=GregJennings.com

Is it an industry standard to get an appraisal or only when the buyer asks for an appraisal? What are the best appraisal companies that do appraisals manually?

Please let me know. Thanks.

-Tim

sebbotage

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
did you used the appraisal service at AllForDomains.com on request of the potential buyer?

regards,
sebastian

gerardo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please be aware of suposed potencial buyers who ask you to appraise your name in some spefic sites; most of times they are just those sites affiliates and just want to scam you.

If someone is really interested in buying your name he would probably know how much does it worth, and if he is not sure he will research his self, serious buyers will not ask you at first to pay for any appraisal.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If the potential buyer asks you to get an appraisal...it is a scam...especially if they give you the site to get the appraisal. I know that there was a scam going regarding allfordomains.com . They offer a generous amount of money for a fairly worthless name and then demand that you get an appraisal from allfordomains.com before settling the deal. After you get the appraisal, they say that they need to now find a buyer and you will never hear from the again...I believe I have read about this on numerous forums.

timothymevans

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes - he inquired about the name, wanted me to get an official appraisal from AllForDomains.com ... yea, I got taken to the cleaners by this guy. It only makes sense. The the response and comments.

It's crazy how people are out here, working hard to make this industry respectible and credible, and then there are those who want to take advantage of someone. It just isn't right. AllForDomains should be out of business.

Any idea what the value of GregJennings.com is (athlete name, 2,300+ searches in Overture KST in September '06)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom