Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Appraisal: GhaziabadIndia.com (Ghaziabad, India)

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domain Name: GhaziabadIndia.com (Ghaziabad, India)

GhaziabadIndia.com
(Ghaziabad, India)

Population: 12.6 million (2001)

Named one of NEWSWEEKs top 10 most dynamic cities in the world on July 9th, 2006.

Google returns 48,000 returns for "Ghaziabad India"

Ghaziabad is a growing industrial city. Its population having increased from 5,81,886 (in 1901) to 27,03,933 (in 1991) mainly on account of its rapid industrilization and its proximity to Delhi. A large number of persons reside here but carry on their trades in Delhi or are employed there.

In the last twenty years Ghaziabad has expanded more than any other city. Before the formation of Ghaziabad district on 14th November 1976 it was a town of tehsil status of district Meerut but after it became a district it developed very fast and its population too increased in that proportation.

According to the 1991 census, total population of Ghaziabad district was 22,47,434, out of which 4,83,630 people are of schduled caste and 149 are of schduled tribe. There were 15,30,081 males and 12,05,397 females. Off all 9,40,469 people lived in villages and 18,55,009 people lived in the urban areas.

According to the 1991 census there were 9,80,938 literate people in the district out of which 6,62,402 were males and 3,18,536 females. Glancing at the urban population and comparing it with the previous census of the district, it is clear that the rural population has decreased considerably. It seems rapid establishment of new industrial institutions were the main reason for it.

Thanks to skyrocketing real-estate prices in the capital, Ghaziabad is emerging as the next popular address for Delhi-bound commuters. In residential pockets on the outskirts like Indirapuram, posh new developments are sold out. The largest developer, Shipra Estate Ltd., has built 7,000 two-, three- and four-bedroom flats, all of which are already occupied, says Vijay Sundar Raj, manager of sales and marketing. Many of the residents commute to IT jobs in neighboring Noida and Delhi.
Strategically located on the old Grand Trunk Road from Bangladesh to Afghanistan, Ghaziabad was targeted by the state for industrial development in the 1980s.

Today the city is home to more than 14,000 small-scale industrial units and larger plants run by giants like Coca-Cola and the International Tobacco Co., which still provide most of the jobs in Ghaziabad proper. For all the new luxury high rises, Ghaziabad today is one of the most heavily industrialized cities in Uttar Pradesh.

REF:
Wikipedia.org

nikaksa

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I doubt you will be able to sell it here ... try a desi site ...

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nikaksa said:
I doubt you will be able to sell it here ... try a desi site ...

This thread is for appraisals...also, I never said that I was going to sell it here. I have a vast database of end users/clients which I have amassed throughout the years.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I doubt if someone will buy it. I have pure Indian City domains like Patiala.com, Bathinda.com , Colaba.com , Dungarpur.com , Kurla.com and many more.

The CityNameIndia.com domains for 4 out of above 5 are unregistered.

URLtrader

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
because it has the "india" after the city name its really only useful for non-Indians... but there is virtually no tourism in that city which makes it not very useful..same with China btw, they have cities with 10+ million people nobody outside of China has even heard of...low $xx

iPlox

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Despite all the news, Ghaziabad is nowhere near being even one of India's better cities. No tourism, that hurts. If you have the time, then you can try developing a city portal out of it like lucknowcity.com

Preoccupy

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
$ XX to $XXX

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the appraisals. I've had multiple replies from Indian Companies in the private sector on this domain..again, thanks.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
Thanks for all the appraisals. I've had multiple replies from Indian Companies in the private sector on this domain..again, thanks.

Take the cash without delay. Goodluck.

URLtrader

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm considering multiple offers at this time...Dont worry URLtrader, I've been in this game for awhile..I know what I'm doing.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well..if you lived in India those guys would know that your city there has 2.7 million people, not 27 million..but that is a mistake or typo on whoever put that in there..if you would have actually read the whole page you pasted in there you should have read in the first paragraph that they repeat the real number which is 2.7 million....that is not unusual for a city to have that many people in India, those guys have about 5 times as many people as the US..

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
domainah said:
well..if you lived in India those guys would know that your city there has 2.7 million people, not 27 million..but that is a mistake or typo on whoever put that in there..if you would have actually read the whole page you pasted in there you should have read in the first paragraph that they repeat the real number which is 2.7 million....that is not unusual for a city to have that many people in India, those guys have about 5 times as many people as the US..

Thanks. I have updated the population, which is 12.6 million in 2001. Thanks again.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
I'm considering multiple offers at this time...Dont worry URLtrader, I've been in this game for awhile..I know what I'm doing.

In that case, at this moment in time, it's worth exactly what your highest offer is

Jas

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
godfrey90sf said:
Don't you think that NEWSWEEK would know the population of a city which they named one of the most 10 dynamic cities in the world? I would think that maybe they did just a bit more research than you...just maybe.
did you read it?...they say that NEW DEHLI has that population, Not Ghaziabad, which is a suburb of New DEHLI...read the article...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13528949/site/newsweek/page/8/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators