Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

appraisal Methods

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisscross

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Really? So what is better at converting than typein traffic? Don't you think since someone typed-in the product or service keywords they may have interest in buying it?

I'm talking from my experience, I have tested type in domains in a couple of verticals. Some domains convert some dont, so you are left with only PPC type-in traffic. Without testing one is taking a risk. When risk increase, valuation goes down.

I know that it is not a large test with '000 of domains, but enough to confirm that it is not a straight relationship & there is variation in results.

You mentioned 100 year revenue, have you bought or sold a domain at 100 years revenue, ultimately the proof of the pudding is in the eating ;)

Domainx09

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"You mentioned 100 year revenue, have you bought or sold a domain at 100 years revenue, ultimately the proof of the pudding is in the eating"

Yeah, How many people even pay much more than 10 yr revenue?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm talking from my experience, I have tested type in domains in a couple of verticals. Some domains convert some dont, so you are left with only PPC type-in traffic. Without testing one is taking a risk. When risk increase, valuation goes down.

I know that it is not a large test with '000 of domains, but enough to confirm that it is not a straight relationship & there is variation in results.

You mentioned 100 year revenue, have you bought or sold a domain at 100 years revenue, ultimately the proof of the pudding is in the eating ;)

i have sold domains at or above 100 yr rev.

when you sell a domain for 5 figures, and it only makes $100 a year or less...what is that?

Yeah, How many people even pay much more than 10 yr revenue?

lots of people pay more than 10yrs rev.

but every domain you sell or buy, and or pay or receive an amount equal to 10years rev... may not be considered a "traffic" name per se'

it may just be a good name that happens to have some traffic and rev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom