Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appraisal Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
What good is having it so you can only get your own name appraised if you could easily lie about it and get away with it? I strongly think that we should have some time of method so that when you go to publish the thread, you have to confirm ownership of the domain somehow. Otherwise, there may be members in there breaking the rules, and you don't even know it.

Also I think some work needs to be done with chat, I was in it before and I went and entered some text and it stopped and just said "Invalid Input" and sometimes the member in chat room list is blank when it's full, and all that...:(

Cheers

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Trust me, members that appraise domains are savvy enough to know when one does not own the domain.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lol, definitely not always true. [Sorry for using direct examples] Someone could post sex.com - kind of obvious, right? However, what if it's AmericanGovernment-2008.com? Something that looks with little value, but still against forum rules.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Feel free to post a domain you don't own for appraisal and see how fast the thread is closed :D

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
50%...I'm assuming ODT is mostly common sense. It's not like anyone will suffer a loss from this happening, but still it's against forum rules :)

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
%50 is the magic number - Normally use by weatherman!

What is the difference between 'partly cloudy' and 'partly sunny'?

And they are always right when they said:
- %50 change of snow, rain, tornado, etc....

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
9mm I was in chat when you kept asking for appraisals!

The simple answer is yes a member could lie about owning a domain, but as soon as it was found out that the member had lied other members would not trust that member again. SImple really, if someone would lie over something as small as that why would they not lie over bigger issues?

In the end it comes down to trust, a difficult thing to gain but one of the easiest things to lose!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
9MM - you always want to push it. You had a definitive answer in chat tonight. Do you think people here are stupid? 50%? More like 90%.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Even so, that 10% that get by are BREAKING the rules and they aren't even stopped.

This is a suggestion thread, not an arguement thread.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So what are you suggesting again? This argument has been discussed ad nauseam before. There are lots of reasons why only owned domains are put up for appraisal.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not arguing that!!! Re-read my first post on this thread, I am simply saying that we should catch those criminals who post names they don't own.

Jeez, I try to make a suggestion and I get flamed WTF!?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yes, shoot those criminals with a 9mm....

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so whats the big deal with breaking a minor rule that you couldn't possibly benefit from? If you put up a high value name for appraisal, the appraisers would know if you own it or not. If you put a low quality name, then most probably you wouldn't get an appraisal, and even if you do, you'll stand to gain nothing from it.

I pity the guy who puts up IBuyUsedHondaCivicsCzTheyResellWell.com for appraisal without owning it.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Honda Civics are great mate :)

It's still breaking the rules though, or what if someone wants to know what someone else's name is worth (outside the forum) so they know what they should pay max...

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What the problem is? If a domain is posted that is not owned by the thread starter, 9 times out of 10, anyone with half a brain can easily go back, and check the whois of previous names the TS had and put 2 and 2 together.

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So that's the same thing as saying 9/10 people who scammed another member here got caught, but 10% is a substantial number in my opinion.

Anyways, what if there is privacy protection??? Isn't more then 10% of names protected with that?

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Honda Civics are great mate :)

It's still breaking the rules though, or what if someone wants to know what someone else's name is worth (outside the forum) so they know what they should pay max...

thats the whole thing. Members would know when a high value name is put up for appraisal by someone other than the owner. So no appraisals and the thread gets locked.

The names that do get away without detection are the lower quality ones, the ones you wouldn't want to buy anyway.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Give it a rest 9mm. Like Acro said, I already suggested in chat you take one 9mm to yourself. You CANNOT offer up domains for appraisal that you don't own. Rules are here to stop everyone taking advantage and perhaps misleading/bloating. Drop it already. You were told in chat and still you are bitching?

9MM

Canadian Emcee
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Well what's high and what's low? Sex.com, BF.com, SS.com is high but is something in the $xxx or $xxxx range considered low? Anyways this thread is getting no where so...just close it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom