Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Appraise This Appraisal Newbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This goes out to all of the DNF appraisal newbs. Many of your appraisals are ridiculous and have no basis in domain reality. You help no one when you hand out overly optimistic appraisals, in fact you often just confuse and hurt newer members who are simply asking for advice. So please, before you give out your next crazy estimate for a crappy domain (somebody has to say it), just take a deep breath and consider decaf.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hell, I'd be happy to just get a straight answer for once. I've asked for appraisals 3 times and have yet to see a dollar amount or even a suggestion on how to value the name. My favorite are the pithy comments that end all future discussion of the actual value of the name.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
List one here duck, we'll try to help u out.

primavera

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My biggest gripe are the extremely general "xx-xxx maybe xxxx to the right user" type appraisals. Let's face it....,85% of most appraisal threads are started by people with recently regged domains that just want to get some exposure for the domain. The other 15% know they have a great/valuable domain and just want some stroking. Someday, I hope to be in the 15%.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
E-Promote said:
This goes out to all of the DNF appraisal newbs.
To be honest, the so-called "peer" appraisals is basically meaningless, when the appraisers' qualifications are called to doubt. Anyone, I mean ANYONE, can post as an expert and put a price tag to whatever domain he or she likes, and this is just ridiculous.

By the way, is this thread in the right forum ("Domain Registration Discussion")?

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have two generic names in particular that I am personally fond of, EfficientEnergies.com and 5Afootball.com.
Neighter name is very useful for type-in traffic. I hope to develop them, starting with a professional template (using the in-house service here) and then adding meaningful content. I have no idea what kind of monthly ad revenues to expect from a developed site. I imagine EE has much more potential than 5A. Any thoughts on what I could expect from just the professional templates? Any thoughts on how I should go about developing them? Any thoughts on resale value for EE (also have mispellings such as "energys" and "efficiant".)
FYI, 5A is the top high school sports division in larger states such as California and Texas.

Sorry to change the subject E-Promote, but thanks for the consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom