Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed Appraising a developed site for sale

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsugaki

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm a long-time registered lurker and I'm looking for some appraisal help.

My brother and I run a football handicapping web site, but due to some minor falling outs on the future direction of the site; and more importantly a reduction in the time I can devote to the site because of kids, we are toying with the idea of selling it.

How do those of you who have bought and sold sites determine the valuation?

My site (I am the majority partner, 75-25%) stats:
In full operation 5 months a year (College and NFL football season).
The 2004 season was the third year for the site.
PR 5 & DMOZ listed (free football pick page is a PR6, or at least was during the season)
Well ranked in search engines for a variety of football-gambling related terms. Excellent placement on Monday night football related terms and phrases.

Revenue: roughly $5000 in Premium Pick purchases
Ad Revenue: roughly $700 in 2004. Primarily through AdSense until Google tighted the reigns. Actually, my ads lasted on the site far longer than the ToS changes as I was in continual conversation with Google that the site was about Football and selling information on Football, and not focused on the gambling aspect. Google agreed with my point for quite a while until December 04 when they changed their mind. I've had a few inquiries via AdBrite since then for ad placement during the 2005 season.

Traffic: roughly 15,000 pageviews/month during the season (Sep - Jan). 500/month in the off-season (I do absolutely nothing with the site from the superbowl until the week before regular season play in August for college.

230 recipients on the email newsletter all double opt-in. Although we initially stated in our original privacy policy that in the unlikely event we were to ever sell the site, the subscribers would be given the option of having their email address transfered to the new owner. Also, we didn't promote the email newsletter until this past season so nearly all of those recipients are from the 2004 season.

The domain name is very intuitive, but I'd rather keep it confidential at this time, Certifiedofferservice.com appraises it at $1,540.00 - $2,156.00 to give you a ballpark idea. I also own the .net and .org versions as well.

Thanks in advance, PM me if you wish.

tsugaki

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom