Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Are Domain hacks worth the Investment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Del.icio.us worked well (but even as I wrote this I had to pause and remember where the heck the dots go).
Yes it worked so well that they ended up buying delicious.com (after sending loads of free traffic to them, thus jacking off the price). But it's a particular case. It had two dots, it was hardly a real domain hack. Impossible to remember where to put the dots.

The question being "Are Domain hacks worth the Investment?" I say no. An investment should have liquidity.
Only real premium/generic keywords in strong extensions possibly qualify as investment.
Domain hacks are not liquid. Quite a few people are speculating on domain hacks but it's not like everybody is selling.
Now I always say, only handreg domains you're willing to develop if they won't sell :)

casualdomainer

Level 1
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have only a few domain hacks that I found dropping a few years ago. I bought them for developing them myself to tell you the truth. As before I didn't get any interest in any of them, these past few months resulted in interest for two of them. One in particular which falls into both of the categories that Roy described (quote below) got a lot of interest in the past few months, one of the persons is an ex-employee of a large search corp. It might be just a coincidence, but I think that domain hacks are becoming more popular...

Firstly there are two main kind of hacks:
1) Where the suffix is part of a word of domain site, examples would be 'li.st', 'Tex.as', 'fla.me'
2) Where the suffix is a meaningful and relevant word in its own right, here examples would be, 'love.me', 'help.us', 'fly.to'

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom