Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Are Google Bombs and Blogs the future of paid traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Certainly this has been covered elsewhere, but after having read and studied this carefully, I am at least partially convinced that there are massive implications in the nexus between Google Bombs and weblogs. Will VBulletins, which always suffer rich content and poor revenue, restructure their interface around Blogs?

If nothing else, you can understand partially how Google interprets results, a nice follow up to the New Yorker article a year ago.

Read both the current and archive article on this page:

http://www.microcontentnews.com/articles/googlebombs.htm

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
heh read this a few months back, really interesting
but generally I wouldn't expect it to live too long (if memory serves me well enough that is)

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
'Tis interesting though as Blogs are the fastest growing online communities in the world (apparently 100k a month) and there is a potent cocktail of factors:

1. Because they are updated so frequently, and cross-linked like crazy, they have massive power within Google's rankings. Might not last, but there it is.

2. They are largely unfunded, and the implication of the article is interesting: would someone who wanted "industrial supplies" to be no. 1 on Google help micro-subsidize an army of Bloggers? It could be a huge mutually-reinforcing market, bought and sold in bulk.

3. Will third party "resellers" like the guy mentioned in the article completely black market Google's paid placement?

I think the implications are so far-reaching. They amount to nothing at all, or morph into something interesting.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Some interesting points there - given it's updated very frequently it may last. As a side note we could, as the DnF community, work together and start an Anti-WLS petition :) (or not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators