Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are members not respected here anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I understand DNforum, like any other "family" or business, has rules that members must adhere to and I fully support them. However, it seems the trend as of late is to clamp down on any dissention or contrary opinions here. Am I the only one who feels this way? DCG doesn't want to explain what happened with the hacking situation - fine. But what about the Microsoft Legal thread? I certainly don't agree with all of the posts contained therein, and it's safe to say many members might not agree with mine. Still, to end/close the thread with a post saying members acted like a bunch of idiots, seems rather disrespectful... Let us not forget, that it is the paying members who built the throne upon which the king now sits. Was it time to close the thread? Probably. Was it necessary to do so in a negative way? I think not.

Enforce the rules. Fine. But insults are never called for. I expect more from the management.

Just my .02

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It may have been DCG closed the thread cause the name calling was started , papaStiz was the "you idiots" poster , I didn't appreciate that either. Microsoft Legal got what they deserved for extremely unprofessional posting in the forum , the person could have introduced themselves in a professional way with a name or something and followed up on questions and so forth , but chose not to and just posted 5 word nonsense answers like an "idiot", leaving the door open for speculative posts.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It may have been DCG closed the thread cause the name calling was started , papaStiz was the "you idiots" poster , I didn't appreciate that either.

Yes, but when quoting PS, DCG also adopted his sentiment. I don't care about PS. He means nothing to me and his opinion will carry whatever weight I afford it, if any. But DCG is different. He owns/runs this place...

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can certainly see your point , but as i said there can be 2 ways of looking at why DCG quoted PS , either he agreed with it or secondly - he closed the thread because of that post because he knows that would have gone on and on and got nasty, I will choose to think the later for now.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would say that Microsoft Legal (correct spelling) bears some responsability for fueling speculation.
A lof of people dislike Microsoft too (and not everyone loves their ethics).
I am not saying they were welcomed/respected as they should have been but I am not suprised at all they get bashed.
I am not too impressed with the Remond guys either :cheeky:
As for the rest I would say many members are a bit nervous at the moment and love conspiracy theories :)

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As for the rest I would say many members are a bit nervous at the moment and love conspiracy theories :)

? Are you referring to the posts in the thread or my comment about respect for members? If the latter, it's akin to a police officer doing his job. He doesn't need to kick someone in the balls and call him a f*ucking asshole to take someone in...

It's all about professionalism.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I heard...now this is just a rumor.

Adam was bought out by Microsoft last fall for a large quantity of processors and chocolate covered pretzels. When Adam visited the " Valley " to pick up his pretzels, microsoft reprogrammed him to act as a front and run the forums as if " nothing ever happened ". Slowly and methodically brain washing the community to rise up against TM's and typo's. Thus saving millions of dollars in legal fee's and bad press. Now this is just a rumor, when I visited with Adam last month he insisted the blinking light behind his ear and constant " crashes " were due to alcholic binges... I suspect otherwise...ssshhh

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i didn't read the Microsoft thread, but business is business and its all about who is the strong and clever enough to win in the competition game,

and the people who gets easily offended by being called an "idiots"..etc and has nothing back to say but crying are better stay away of the business games and rather be employed by someone else

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
and the people who gets easily offended by being called an "idiots"..etc and has nothing back to say but crying are better stay away of the business games and rather be employed by someone else

Not an employee here so very poor analogy. I'm a paying member and expect not to be called an idiot (whether express or adopted) by the management. Anyone else, I couldn't care less about.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
So I sleep in on a Saturday and miss all the fun :-D

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I understand DNforum, like any other "family" or business, has rules that members must adhere to and I fully support them. However, it seems the trend as of late is to clamp down on any dissention or contrary opinions here. Am I the only one who feels this way? DCG doesn't want to explain what happened with the hacking situation - fine. But what about the Microsoft Legal thread? I certainly don't agree with all of the posts contained therein, and it's safe to say many members might not agree with mine. Still, to end/close the thread with a post saying members acted like a bunch of idiots, seems rather disrespectful... Let us not forget, that it is the paying members who built the throne upon which the king now sits. Was it time to close the thread? Probably. Was it necessary to do so in a negative way? I think not.

Enforce the rules. Fine. But insults are never called for. I expect more from the management.

Just my .02

I seen a change when Adam took the Job with IREIT. Whether it's releated or not is anyone's guess. I will say this openly but this usedto be the best forum around to talk about domains and today it still is BUT I think the tide is changing and there is an opportunity for someone to create a place that feels more welcoming to all classes and opinions. I remember a year ago there was going to be this opportunity to "knock the sox off the domain industry" as Adam put it. Allot of us wanted to be apart of that and then nothing happend and no explaination. I think if you continually treat people like they don't have emotions you will see a bad result, it's a lack of respect to another adult to not explain why something did or did not happen. I thought he owed us an explanation for that too. It never came. Doesn't matter if your a millionaire domainer or a newbie with two domains. We all deserve to be treated with the same respect.

Not an employee here so very poor analogy. I'm a paying member and expect not to be called an idiot (whether express or adopted) by the management. Anyone else, I couldn't care less about.

No one should be called an idiot by management, even if the site were free.

Ian

DNF Exclusive
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First I think respect is important on the DNForum which is why there are written rules to follow. Second when I joined the DNForum there used to be many sales done here but that number has slowly trickled down. The latest events do no good to the PR of the DNForum either.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's a lot of strange kowtowing and unusual administration going on here since around the time that most of the last mods were given their marching orders. Lots of yet unanswered questions and impromptu thread-closing. No doubt things will unfold.

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I might be the odd man out but I belong to various forums that have reps from Google, Microsoft, Overture, Yahoo & every company in online business. It just seemed that most of the post in the MS thread looked like guys never ventured off of DNF. I mean look at Google Guy.
Respect is a different issue but that thread did seem a bit overboard with conspiracies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of speculation and guess work as usual.

The hack issue will not be discussed.

The microsft thread went on long enough, let him enjoy the forum like everyone else.

The actual thread with the ms typo, I was asked to remove by the thread starter.

iREIT has not changed how I moderate the forum and what topics I will leave open or close, the indutsry tightenting on Gambling / Adult and TM names has done that.

Depsite what people seem to think, not every move I make regarding this forum needs to be explained publicly, as far as I know this is still not a public company.

I am the same ass I was last year this time.

-=DCG=-

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We all deserve to be treated with the same respect.

Uh, no, we DON'T.

Microsoft doesn't have 'clean hands', they were tried and CONVICTED of killing other businesses with predatory trade practices, which INCLUDE theft of business ideas. CONVICTED. Not accused, CONVICTED. So when a member of their legal team wants to come play in your sandbox where your business is conducted, unless you're really stupid, you'll realize you're dealing with someone with a long history of not playing fair.

This is not a forum about law, it's about domains. The best ananalogy would be that you have a Barbeque and invite your neighbors, and the neighbor just out of jail for shooting someone to death SHOWS UP WITH A GUN instead of a dish to share. Not only should the history put you on notice, but the fact that he brought a weapon instead of a dish (an attorney instead of a programmer or domain manager).

That said, I do give them credit for not hiding the identity (by using a clear username). I'm not saying the PERSON there is bad, but they are not here for personal reasons.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My mistake... I was trying to convey displeasure at the way the Microsoft Legal thread was closed (not that it shouldn't have been, but rather that it wasn't polite to refer to those with differing opinions as idiots). However, I did not intend to rehash the issues and opinions raised in those threads. There is a distinction between the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom