Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are members not respected here anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I remember a couple months back DCG asked for some well known members to submit mod applications if they were interested since there had just been the shakeup and there were only a couple mods (as there are now). I have found at least a dozen scammers and had then banned during my stay at this forum. I had applicated to be a mod twice before and didn't get any reply. I asked the admins specifically and they said if I applied again I would certainly get some sort of response (either no thanks or yes). So I spent a bunch of time filling out the forms and answering the questions...and a few months later I have nothing. No thank you, certainly not mod position. I love this forum, but I believe management doesn't care about us much at all these days.

Domain Days 2024

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of speculation and guess work as usual.

The hack issue will not be discussed.

The microsft thread went on long enough, let him enjoy the forum like everyone else.

The actual thread with the ms typo, I was asked to remove by the thread starter.

iREIT has not changed how I moderate the forum and what topics I will leave open or close, the indutsry tightenting on Gambling / Adult and TM names has done that.

Depsite what people seem to think, not every move I make regarding this forum needs to be explained publicly, as far as I know this is still not a public company.

I am the same ass I was last year this time.

-=DCG=-

Hey DCG, thanks for the commnet. Regardless if this is a public or private company when things go answered it's only natural for people to speculate. Know what I mean? I don't buy any hype, believe in any conspiracy theories but I have many thoughts about a topic. The way I see it is your the only one who can effectively put out some of these fires. You don't have too but if you don't then all we have is our collective thoughts and we can all be wrong. So, in my opinion it's always good to hear from you. Cheers,

Acro

whydna

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uh, no, we DON'T.

Microsoft doesn't have 'clean hands', they were tried and CONVICTED of killing other businesses with predatory trade practices, which INCLUDE theft of business ideas. CONVICTED. Not accused, CONVICTED. So when a member of their legal team wants to come play in your sandbox where your business is conducted, unless you're really stupid, you'll realize you're dealing with someone with a long history of not playing fair.

All is fair in love and war.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guys and Gals,

For what it's worth, I just PM'd Adam and found him to be very open, receptive, and easy to communicate with.

I don't believe now that he intended to offend anyone but rather was simply looking to end the thread and chose a point to do so. For what it's worth, I think I jumped the gun and should have contacted him first. And for that I apologize...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My favorite domain is:

keyword-keyword2.mobi where at least 1 keyword is an IDN :-D

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Depsite what people seem to think, not every move I make regarding this forum needs to be explained publicly, as far as I know this is still not a public company.

-=DCG=-

99 % of the time, I never involve myself in threads such as these and just mind my own business however I felt like I had to say something for this specific comment.

DnForum is definetly not a public company but when you start charging your members for $40-$400, these members become your clients. A client in any business deserves to be treated with at least an acceptable level of respect. Calling a specific member (or a group of members/clients) idiots, or answering people's questions regarding concerns about the invasion of their own privacy due to "the defacement" of a site they paid to become a member, with "dissatisfactory one liners" is definetly not the right way to be handling things IF you still want to come off as the owner of the largest forum in the industry WHO cares and values his members/clients. Otherwise, rather then sugar coating your comments/ideas, you can just put down "I dont' care about what you think. This is my own forum. Go stuff yourselves." The sentence you put up there feels just about the same... :tape2:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is not meant that way.

-=DCG=-

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think there is a lot of speculation and guess work as usual.

The hack issue will not be discussed.

The microsft thread went on long enough, let him enjoy the forum like everyone else.

The actual thread with the ms typo, I was asked to remove by the thread starter.

iREIT has not changed how I moderate the forum and what topics I will leave open or close, the indutsry tightenting on Gambling / Adult and TM names has done that.

I am the same ass I was last year this time.

-=DCG=-

i especially like your last line adam ! :tea:

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
99 % of the time, I never involve myself in threads such as these and just mind my own business however I felt like I had to say something for this specific comment.

DnForum is definetly not a public company but when you start charging your members for $40-$400, these members become your clients. A client in any business deserves to be treated with at least an acceptable level of respect. Calling a specific member (or a group of members/clients) idiots, or answering people's questions regarding concerns about the invasion of their own privacy due to "the defacement" of a site they paid to become a member, with "dissatisfactory one liners" is definetly not the right way to be handling things IF you still want to come off as the owner of the largest forum in the industry WHO cares and values his members/clients. Otherwise, rather then sugar coating your comments/ideas, you can just put down "I dont' care about what you think. This is my own forum. Go stuff yourselves." The sentence you put up there feels just about the same... :tape2:

Good post. Personally I would like to speak out more but I am fearful of being banned. I think others feel the same. I could criticize this forums and it's management with respect but doubtful it would be seen that way and more than likely the thread will be locked or deleted. So...I just go elsewhere. This site is losing it's relevancy. I see more and more prominent domainers at OTHER forums that used to post regularly here. Adam can run this site as he wishes but none of us have to stay here for it. He should note this.

Also I consider a forums a place for the members to congregate and discuss. When members can't discuss the topics they wish the forums become useless. Drama inevitably pops up every now and then at every site. It doesn't go away simply by closing topics.

That's as far as I can go without worrying about being banned I guess.

Thanks for reading.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.....I see more and more prominent domainers at OTHER forums that used to post regularly here.

IMO, it's just as much about the many newbies and the gold members whose posts are not the best and who also occasionally flame the more prominent and experienced members. I have been flamed without merit several times by these people and it's one reason I am now posting less and may stop posting completely soon (but still stay a lurking member and possibly even sell some names - something I have rarely done before at the forums).

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its a shame, because DNF used to be SO much better than NP and especially DS. I completely agree with labrocca's post - this community is slowly dying off. Promises have been made and not kept, topics are locked as soon as someone brings up something that differs from the opinion of the administration.

Of course this isn't a public company. Adam can treat us however he wants, its his forum. It just wont be such a popular forum if it keeps going the way its been going over the last few months.

Its a great community...lets please keep it that way.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All have good points, please feel free to PM me directly and I will respond to your issues.

I think the world of domains is changing drastically and will continue to change over the next few years, this forum will adapt to meet those changes.

-=DCG=-

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Frankly, I think Adam's been beyond the norm flexible and understanding and definitely keeps an open ear. I missed the ending of the MSFT thread and frankly, I don't care about it as the summary was whether the visitor was genuinely from MSFT or not. I don't understand what's the big fuss about them being here - unless one tries to sell tm names which we all know it's bad for the industry. As for the claims that DNForum is "going down" you should have tried raising this much raucous in the days of Greg; you'd be out the door in an instant. I know that first-hand as good ole NamePopper did that at the blink of an eye once (search thread about flowers.org)

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed the administrator always posts thread with links to some programs...and these links always have an affiliate id in them so that the owner can make a few bucks off of us.

Half these programs end up being rip offs, shut down after a few months, or some cheap things that are out there somewhere else on the internet for free.

Why do you do this dude? You have enough big domains, a large forum, many paying subscribers, and yet why do you feel the need to post us some affiliate links? I don't care if you want to make more, what worries me is that these affiliate links usually are of products or services that aren't really all great as they should be. It is just the fact that when the "administrator" posts them, people think that they are good since your title is "administrator". Although most are not good from what I seen.

And by doing this, I think members are not respected, in a way that I feel they are being cheated.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed the administrator always posts thread with links to some programs...and these links always have an affiliate id in them so that the owner can make a few bucks off of us.

Since it is pile on week, I will respond with two tools that I hade made and posted in the last 10 days which by the way are free for users to use.

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?p=998312

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=188985

This thread has gone on with insults long enough.

If you would like to PM me I will gladly field your questions.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom