Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

are some keywords valuable no matter the extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, let's assume they have some value. I wouldn't say they are good investments.

Certain TLDs make sense for certain purposes, for example .fm fits for radio stations. .tv has its own niche.
How do you brand a .vg domain ? Vegas lol

With a LOT of money...LOL

But, its an interesting question...

In the 'other' forum, someone posted top 10,000 Alexa rankings for .Net, .info & .org sites....The thing that struck me was that the VAST majority of these seriously high ranking sites were NOT built on killer keyword domains. In fact, most of them were pretty obscure names.

So, point 1: Success with an online business is about content, SEO, and marketing/promotion. The quality of the domain - or its extension - you build the thing on is useful, but, not the definer, by any means.

In this context, back to the OP's point...

Would a good keyword have value, regardless of extension.?

I don't see why not......If very obscure .net/info/org domains, with sites, can be made to rank very high in Alexa, then ANY keyword term/extension can do the same.

So, a Poker dot (anything) domain - with some weird extension - could have value to anyone that's prepared to develop great content, put in excellent SEO, and promote it well.

But I'd rather try it with a TOP keyword, than some random keyword phrase, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom