Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

are the .be names worth anything ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolimits

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just got about 30 .be names registered when they had the free deal going, are these worth anything, or was it as waste of effort? I am new to all of this so any help or advice is very welcome.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, they can worth something or nothing... depends on what names you got.

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you belive your names or worth nothing and have no need for them, I will gladly accept them :)

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have already started receiving a few click thrus on some .be domains registered on that offer although the rate is low at 3 cents per click.
Post a few names in the appraisal section and I am sure someone will comment.

nolimits

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks all I will put them in the appraisal section

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently put some of my .be names in the appraisal section and didn't get a single reply.

nolimits

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DN

The replies I got were mostly, they have little or no value... One thought that the ipodgear.be might be worth something and the the sellsoftware.be might be worth developing.... I am not sure, do these domains only have any hope of reaching the Belgium users any way?

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Probably not simply due to language. That's the issue I have as well but I feel my domains have excellent keywords and I know they produce very high PPC rates. I've just gotta get some traffic to the domains.

nolimits

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What are some of your domains? and how will you get traffic to them?
if you don't mind me asking ;)

DNGeeks

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One of them is structuredsettlements.be, you can search for the post using that as the keyword to see the rest (I don't want to pollute your thread).

How will I get traffic is the question, probably link to them from some other sites that have a good PR (4+) and will cross link them all so SE's will eventually spider all of them.

khuldun

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a .be name as well, didint register many but i am going to develop a site as soon as my exams finish!

refide46

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what is .be

mention to?

country?

if so

it can worth something less or more depend on the need for it in that country

of my country .eg some of the domains worth alot ending in .eg due to the service & products to the .eg users

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.be is for Belgium

I got commodities.be and won`t sell it for less than 1k

hyj

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
haven't heard of a belgium dn sold

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sold 1 through sedo. I know many people who have sold them.

jaugusto

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My DreamAnd.Be gets me a lot of traffic. I wonder why...

Dakairo

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DN

The replies I got were mostly, they have little or no value... One thought that the ipodgear.be might be worth something and the the sellsoftware.be might be worth developing.... I am not sure, do these domains only have any hope of reaching the Belgium users any way?

Hello,

I'm from Belgium and I can answer your question. Altough we a lot of Belgian people speak English, I think most will search in Dutch or French. I don't really know what the value could possibly be between the dutch, french or english names.
Of course if you have domains like video.be, suv.be or dvd.be you will get a lot of money for them but I wouldn't really bother buying 3 or 2 english word domains unless they are extremly popular

Majnoon

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I once Sold a .be on sedo for $xxxx. to bad after buyer sent money to escrow i found out i owned the plural of the name and the buyer bid on the singular. The mistake was when i added the name on sedo i added the singular and for some reason sedo accepted it and it was on my account.

my luck didn't get to have that $xxxx

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dakairo is right. There are hardly any foreign-language keywords that have significant value as a .be domain name. Good dutch-language or french-language keywords however can have value, although high four figure sales are rare and to find evidence of a five figure sale is almost impossible (there have been a few).

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom