Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Are there any good domain names left?

jayeshshetty

Reaction score
This is a bit of a rant, as i'm starting up a new project soon, but can't seem to find an available domain name. I have a list of names I like, but not one has the .com domain available! Most of them i've gone to, and they don't go anywhere (browser returns an error), some are just old websites that haven't been updated. My favourite domain name hasn't been updated since 1998 (is that even possible???). Some just have people sitting on them trying to sell them for thousands of dollars. Like seriously, what are you trying to pull, it's just a name!
I'm just getting frustrated, cause I can't start on wordpress until I have my domain name and hosting, and I have a bunch of free time to make something that i'm just wasting trying to find a name.
Has anyone else had the same problems? any tips for finding a nice name? I'm thinking about emailing the owner of the name i'm interested, but am not willing to pay very much for the name, so i'm a bit hesitant

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi
many domainers will, and have held domain names for more than a decade or longer, while waiting for the right buyer.
others may hold domains simply because they are earning ppc revenue.

still, you can always try "backordering" the domains you are interested in buying.

try namejet.com, or snapnames.com

if you decide to email the owner of the name you are interested in, I highly doubt they will sell for reg fee.

Good Luck!

imo...

jayeshshetty

Reaction score
This is a bit of a rant, as i'm starting up a new project soon, but can't seem to find an available domain name. I have a list of names I like, but not one has the .com domain available! Most of them i've gone to, and they don't go anywhere (browser returns an error), some are just old websites that haven't been updated. My favourite domain name hasn't been updated since 1998 (is that even possible???). Some just have people sitting on them trying to sell them for thousands of dollars. Like seriously, what are you trying to pull, it's just a name!
I'm just getting frustrated, cause I can't start on wordpress until I have my domain name and hosting, and I have a bunch of free time to make something that i'm just wasting trying to find a name.
Has anyone else had the same problems? any tips for finding a nice name? I'm thinking about emailing the owner of the name i'm interested, but am not willing to pay very much for the name, so i'm a bit hesitant

Any Updates??
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2 bhk flats in dadar property in dombivli digital agencies in mumbai

MikeinFlorida

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends what kind of budget or money you really have to develop a name into a business. People search for hundreds of hours to find the right name and others buy the perfect name for big bucks. However, most domain names sell for lower amounts. What vertical are you in? Is it a competitive endeavor? Or is hardly anybody in the vertical?-- likely not today. If it is popular, it takes lots of time and money to brand a new domain name for a business? There are also consultants who will work for you for a fee to obtain a good domain name. Just a few thoughts.... Good luck!

ibsolutions

Level 1
Reaction score
ive been using co.us.org, the domain names are actually free but because its pretty new ive been able to register any domain name i want and build websites on them and then sell them on ebay and couple other secret places i use. i think they have a couple other free domain name types too, i cant remember what they are and cant be bothered to go look atm but pretty sure they own a few though for me i remember co.us.org is the most generic which i prefer personally but others may suite you. whatever you call your account is what your domain will be so if youi make an account called cheaplaptops then your domain will be cheaplaptops.co.us.org but make sure you use their tutorials because you have to use their free hosting and i was finding that my account was getting suspended and then when i followed their tutorial i was able to pump a lot of traffic in to domains (which in my experience have actually ranked really well with very little work) without getting suspended. im actually looking for more services like this so i can create a pbn where i can link to and throw to build search engine traffic so if anyone can recommend any other places where i can get decent sounding free domain names then please let me know with a message. good luck

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

If you know where and how to look, you can always find decent names.

upendra56

Reaction score

assistcoronavirus.com and​

assistcovid19.com for sale​

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom