Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Are you going to become a “Verified DNF Member” ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSA

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CS-Admin said:
Hi,

With the link we provide you, you don't need to sign up with an account, you just need to fill in the proper credit card information.

thanks
Sue

That's wright..and it is a god alternative to send & receive money :)

heheh..i just notice..i got verified..:D

Domain Days 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Personally I think this is an unnecessary measure.

Also, DNF is putting itself at risk by gathering & storing personal information.

Professionalism can not be validated by a utility bill. Furthermore, by providing personal info in the event of a dispute it opens Pandora's box. Who's to say that one of the two parties given the personal information won't attempt to hurt the other, physically or otherwise?

Thumb's down on that one.

EGS

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
Personally I think this is an unnecessary measure.

Also, DNF is putting itself at risk by gathering & storing personal information.

Professionalism can not be validated by a utility bill. Furthermore, by providing personal info in the event of a dispute it opens Pandora's box. Who's to say that one of the two parties given the personal information won't attempt to hurt the other, physically or otherwise?

Thumb's down on that one.
I have to agree. It's a good idea but I personally find no need or desire to do it. I'm PayPal Verified and really that's all people who are paying by PayPal should look at.

By verifying yourself with DNF$, I don't see anyway in fohell that DNF$ can prevent fraud or go after scammers...

Just my opinion. :)

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one leery of this whole DNF Verified thing, which is a farce anyways, since DNForum doesn't guarantee anything, and further disclaims all responsiblity for problems which invariably will arise.

I've found over the years that some scammers will operate relatively in the open using their real name, etc; forging a utility bill is so easy - and faxes ... who trusts a fax these days when people can "photoshop" whatever document they need and then send it directly via their computer fax modem or via one of the numerous on-line fax services.

It comes down to reputation, which is not something one can buy, but rather one must earn over time doing business.

Ron

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domagon said:
Glad I'm not the only one leery of this whole DNF Verified thing, which is a farce anyways, since DNForum doesn't guarantee anything, and further disclaims all responsiblity for problems which invariably will arise.

I've found over the years that some scammers will operate relatively in the open using their real name, etc; forging a utility bill is so easy - and faxes ... who trusts a fax these days when people can "photoshop" whatever document they need and then send it directly via their computer fax modem or via one of the numerous on-line fax services.

It comes down to reputation, which is not something one can buy, but rather one must earn over time doing business.

Ron

True if a scammer wants to scam they will no matter what measures you have in place !

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How someone can become verified?

Anyway, it seems useless cause anyone can search the forum for old posts about a particular person and find out everything. Google and whois can also help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom